So yeah, I'm still new at all this recording stuff.

Basically I'm using Cubase LE4 and I downloaded MyDrumkit VSTi Plugin and added it in the VST plugins of Cubase.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how it works. I was told to create an instrument track and to load the plugin. I did it but it tells me that MyDrumkit expected to have Output 1 as Stereo. How do I change this? Is this how I do it?

Help very appreciated.

ERROR:

EDIT: Also, I have another problem, but this time regarding recording quality. Basically, I tried recording by micing my amp directly with a Shure PG57 (Can't afford SM) plugged in my FireBox. But there's this HUGE buzzing that can be heard and it's really pissing me off. Would I be better just directly lining-in my guitar in the interface and then use a AmpliTube in Cubase? Or can this be fixed by EQing or will it be done in the mastering?

Sorry for all those problems, I'm still new

Thanks!
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Jan 12, 2009,
I'm not fully understanding the problem here. Could you directly paste the error text ?
There is poetry in despair.
The buzzing could be an issue with power cables crossing over instrument cables, etc, I've had those problems before. I think it might be a buffer issue too, is it a bit crackly and really ruining everything? Because if so, then increase the number of buffers/ buffer size by going to Devices>Device Setup>VST Audiobay>Control Panel. Something like that anyway, depending on the interface and drivers you have selected.

As for the main issue, is it not possible to select Output 1 - Stereo from the in and out for that channel? Don't make an instrument track. Just press F11 and select mydrumset as a vst there. Then create a MIDI track and select the mydrumset as the output for that MIDI track. See if that has any effect.
I'll try increasing the number of buffers and size. If it doesn't work I'll just check my cables.

E/ Hmm in the control panel of the FireBox there's nowhere I can edit the buffers.
It only let me change the Sample Rate, the Latency, the Clock Source (only internal) and level boost the inputs by +12dB.
Nothing more I can do.

As for the F11, I press it but nothing opens up. What is it suppose to do?
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Jan 12, 2009,
F11 should open VST'S. Just go to Devices>VST setup instead. Can you post a short clip of the guitar recording so that I could determine whether the problem is a buffer issue ?
Hmm I don't have VST'S.. Only VST Connections and VST Performance...
E/ Oh I think I know what is the problem.. I don't have a midi keyboard yet. xD..

And sure, I'll be recording a clip in a sec:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DarkTom666/music/

Hmm it doesn't sound too much (but you can still hear it >.< but it's because I did some EQing to remove some of it. Also, my clean sounds really bad (Even though I use EMG pickups) it should sound better than that. It's almost as it had some distortion at some peaks...

Maybe it's just in Cubase that I hear a LOT of buzzing though... Funny... How could this be? I mean, it's really loud, and after I EQ it, you can still hear it but when I exported it as a WAV, it sounded way less...
Last edited by DarkTom666 at Jan 14, 2009,