Ive been highly anticipating ordering a jim root telecaster. Ive read something about so bad wiring in it and its mexican. Have any of yall played one? If its not worth the $950, reccommend me something for hardrock and metal.
Bad wiring; that's probably hit and miss.

Mexican; Does it really make a difference if it was made a few more miles South? Get a good one and a Mexican Fender is as good if not better than most MIA Fender's.

As for it's tone, my technique flat-out fails on it's face on EMG's, so I've never played it, but I've heard other people play it, and when it's not some noob shredder who just switched from Guitar Hero or Rock Band, it sounded pretty good.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I wouldn't be worried about the bad wiring thing unless there are a lot of reported cases of it,every company makes a lemon once in a while.MIM fenders at that price are well built from what I've seen and played,so I agree with Necro,don't let that make you shy away from it.Your best option would be to find one at a store and test play it so you can make sure it feels and sounds good and doesn't have any gremlins in the system.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Bad wiring is would be quality control going really bad for most of them to have that problem, I wouldnt worry about it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
ok thanks yall. =] i feel a little better about it now. i cant really try one out. no shop in my town has any in. and theres no guitarcenters near here.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
ok thanks yall. =] i feel a little better about it now. i cant really try one out. no shop in my town has any in. and theres no guitarcenters near here.

Yeah my local shop had one but it sold, I was always afraid to touch it since its so expensive, idk im always like that I dont really like to mess with the expensive stuff unless I plan on buying it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i dont touch many expensive things either. i played a ltd ec 1000 deluxe and popped a string. i booked outta there. i was ready to kill my drummer though he tryed to look around lol.