I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the valve kings I think they are a good amp because of their price but I would like to know how reliable or durable it is. If they can endure traveling and things like that. I would not like to buy an amp that in 1 or 2 years fails, break or stop working.

tell me your opinion maybe there are better amps of the same range of price in the market
I forgot to add that I have a spider II 30 and I play mostly metal
it is a good upgrade to buy the valveking 112?
IMO you are better off with the b-52 at-112
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
I've had a VK112 for 3 years and it's never failed me. It seems guys either love or hate Peavey. Fact is, they make a decent amp and they just keep working. That's not something that can be said about the B-52 amps. I hear they frequently fail.
If you play a ton of metal stay far away from the valveking. Just get a metal amp to begin with.

Heres a few options...

Used Peavy 5150, Triple or Ultra Plus are good options
Ampeg VH-140C
B-52 amps are nice (even though im not found of them)
Randall RG50T
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by KG6_Steven
I've had a VK112 for 3 years and it's never failed me. It seems guys either love or hate Peavey. Fact is, they make a decent amp and they just keep working. That's not something that can be said about the B-52 amps. I hear they frequently fail.

I've heard bad things about the B-52s as well.

My peavey head is going strong after 5 years!
Its nice not having to worry about my amp working when I'm rockin on stage.
Never one problem...ever....what more could i ask for?
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by KG6_Steven

You been stuck in a cave for the last few years or something...

The older models failed constantly due to an overheating issue and had a good bit of mechanical noise to boot.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
If you play a ton of metal stay far away from the valveking. Just get a metal amp to begin with.

Heres a few options...

Used Peavy 5150, Triple or Ultra Plus are good options
Ampeg VH-140C
B-52 amps are nice (even though im not found of them)
Randall RG50T

i have to aree with ths guy, the valveking is just not a metal amp, but it can crankout some heavy distortion, with the right pedal.