OK guys, help me out here! I wanna tune my guitar down to DAFCGC - drop C! What strings should i use!!??? What size ?????
Generally for that tuning you'd want a heavy set of strings to accomodate the lower tension. Start with 11s, and see how they feel.
There are strings out that are specifically made for drop tuning. Generally they have a lower, deeper tone and start at .11 for the gauge. They are called X Rockers. I have them and they are pretty good.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Everly-9112-X-Rockers-Lo-Tune-C-Sharp-Guitar-Strings-106026-i1123297.gc
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Id get som Elixirs, mainly for long life. You can use any gauge, The Sword (awesome Sabbath-y metal band) drops to C standard and uses .09s, but Id go with .10s at the very least, probably .11s.
go with .10's. That's my suggestions. Whatever you use right now (unless it's thicker than .10's), slowly transition down.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
OK, so what do you think about taking the Ernie Ball - Skinny top heavy bottom!!??