Fucking what?

Andredit: If you get what I think you're saying, then no.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Last edited by Just Andrew at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Bob Dylan sucks.

YOU suck.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Seeing him in summer. He doesn't suck. A google search infers that no it is not a song by him.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Last edited by Cal UK at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Cal UK
Seeing him in summer. He doesn't suck. A google search infers that no it is not a song by him.

I thought Bob Dylan was dead??
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Cal UK

Apparently he's like seriously grumpy at shows and doesn't talk or do encores or anything

Or is that just a rumour?
I actually liked his voice back in the day, but now it's so damn garbled from all the smoking and drugs i can't even listen to him any more. And yes, he's grumpy as hell at his shows now
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Minkaro
Meh, good songwriter, but poor at everything else.

He was actually a pretty bad songwriter. If you listen to his songs objectively, without the whole "omg bestest lyrics evarrrrrr" thing, you will realize that in fact he is nowhere near truly great lyricists, such as Blake Schwarzenbach or Jesse Lacey. Dylan's songs contain far too many awful, meaningless lines that are just thrown in to rhyme or to fill out a verse. Truly great lyricists use every line to contribute to the meaning of the song.

Plus, he was a horrible singer, and a pretty bad guitarist too. He just had the good fortune to come in to the scene at exactly the right time so as to be popular. He was like the 50 Cent of the sixties.
kill all humans
...what?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
He was actually a pretty bad songwriter. If you listen to his songs objectively, without the whole "omg bestest lyrics evarrrrrr" thing, you will realize that in fact he is nowhere near truly great lyricists, such as Blake Schwarzenbach or Jesse Lacey. Dylan's songs contain far too many awful, meaningless lines that are just thrown in to rhyme or to fill out a verse. Truly great lyricists use every line to contribute to the meaning of the song.

Plus, he was a horrible singer, and a pretty bad guitarist too. He just had the good fortune to come in to the scene at exactly the right time so as to be popular. He was like the 50 Cent of the sixties.
That's subjective.

Dylan was actually a great singer, he just didn't have a great voice. When it came to matching pitch and key, he was great. Personally, I love his voice, regardless. I suppose it's a bit of an acquired tasted.

Also, he is a folk guitarist and I don't recall anyone ever making the claim that he is and/or should be an outstanding guitarist. For what it's worth, he holds his own.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
That's subjective.

Dylan was actually a great singer, he just didn't have a great voice. When it came to matching pitch and key, he was great. Personally, I love his voice, regardless. I suppose it's a bit of an acquired tasted. Also, he is a folk guitarist and I don't recall anyone ever making the claim that he is and/or should be an outstanding guitarist. For what it's worth, he holds his own.

I like plenty of artists who don't have great voices and/or can't play guitar very well. The main point I was trying to make, though, was that his lyrics, which are what he has based his reputation on, aren't nearly as good as people make them out to be.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I like plenty of artists who don't have great voices and/or can't play guitar very well. The main point I was trying to make, though, was that his lyrics, which are what he has based his reputation on, aren't nearly as good as people make them out to be.

This
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Writing over 35 somewhat albums, some songs are bound to appear lazier than they should be

Meh, I think he's one of the best.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by bulldozerbob
Apparently he's like seriously grumpy at shows and doesn't talk or do encores or anything

Or is that just a rumour?

My mum saw him about 20 years ago with her brother and said he was unbelievable. Her brother saw him about 5 times and said sometimes he was great sometimes not. I hope he's good.
Quote by Just Andrew
Writing over 35 somewhat albums, some songs are bound to appear lazier than they should be

Meh, I think he's one of the best.

Well, I'm basing my opinion off of what are generally considered to be his best/most famous stuff, which I don't think are nearly as good as people say. Maybe he improved later in his lesser-known albums, I don't know.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, though. From "Like A Rolling Stone"

"You used to ride on the chrome horse with your diplomat
Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat
Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at"

WTF does a Siamese cat have to do with anything? It's obviously just a bullshit line, to rhyme and fill out the verse. The last three lines, in fact, are terrible, and say absolutely nothing. They sound like they could belong in some modern one-hit wonder rap song. And this is what many people consider his best song.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Well, I'm basing my opinion off of what are generally considered to be his best/most famous stuff, which I don't think are nearly as good as people say. Maybe he improved later in his lesser-known albums, I don't know.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, though. From "Like A Rolling Stone"

"You used to ride on the chrome horse with your diplomat
Who carried on his shoulder a Siamese cat
Ain't it hard when you discover that
He really wasn't where it's at"

WTF does a Siamese cat have to do with anything? It's obviously just a bullshit line, to rhyme and fill out the verse. The last three lines, in fact, are terrible, and say absolutely nothing. They sound like they could belong in some modern one-hit wonder rap song. And this is what many people consider his best song.

It's an absolutely awful song lyrically I totally agree. I do like the chorus and the melody though. I think some of the songs e.g. 'Blowin' in the wind' really are great lyrics though.