I have a casio ctk-481 keyboard, but it doesn't have a pitch shifter like the one in this video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ldC0wCQQB-s&feature=channel_page

i.e. 3:20

The keyboard in the video (yamaha dx100) only costs about £50 so i'm assuming that the shifter thing couldn't be that expensive. Even if it will only work through MIDI, my keyboard has a midi in and out.

so my question is, can I buy or build an external shifter similar to the thing on the keyboard in the video?
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Jan 12, 2009,
I built a little 'keyboard' sort of thing on a breadboard a while back. it was pretty much just a signal generator, and the pitch was changed by increacing/ decreacing the value of two resistors

I built a pitch shifter thing by using 2 pots ot increace/decreace the resistance, changing the pitch. I have no clue if a keyboard works on a similar principal, where each key corresponds to a resistance that completes a circuit, creating a note at a certain pitch, but if it is, then ...yeah... using a couple of pots to change the resistance would work, I would assume

of course, a keyboard could work in a completely different way than I'm assuming here (it probably does), so I have no idea if this'll work at all...
sorry to not answer your question but why would you put a keyboard in the GUITAR Building & Customizing forum???? You must be outside your mind.
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by BlackDog55
sorry to not answer your question but why would you put a keyboard in the GUITAR Building & Customizing forum???? You must be outside your mind.

cause this is a very good subforum for musical gear modification in general?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
thesecondraid - I've been considering doing something similar to my casio (CK - 400 i think...) from what i've learned, if the tuner is a pot, you can put a pot in it's place and by restistor-wizardry get it to give you up or down pitch bends ( from various circuit-bender websites).

I don't know, I'm having trouble finding out about this kind of stuff. and I am a total "noob"

there's a possiblity it might be reasonably easy with midi. from what I've learned, there's a board you can buy for making controllers yourself - you just sloder the switches etc. onto it and it's got a socket attached.

if there's something like that inside your keyboard with spare lugs, then you're away.(i think..)

EDIt, it's a CT 420
Last edited by jimRH7 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by allstar340
its touche

actually it's touché

Thanks for all the responses guys!!!
I'll look into the pots and the resistors

Anymore posts will be greatly appreciated
Quote by BlackDog55

The G in GBC isnt for guitar. Its for GEAR.