Alright so here's the deal, I'm starting to get into some punk and metalcore bands a bit more (particularly Alexisonfire) and I've been playing with my tone.

I'm running a DN-2 (Dyna Drive, I <3) into the front of my Jazz Chorus (the smaller 50-watt JC50) and I've gotten it to sound at least decent, certainly a heavy tone. There's a thin line I'm trying very hard to split though – I'm trying to get that perfect mid-high range hardcore punk tone that isn't too rough and abrasive, but isn't too low and growly either.

So if anyone wants to just pitch me some suggestions about tweaking my tone, or just punk-metal tone in general, come help me out!

(I guess I should mention the guitar I'm playing is a semi-hollow with Duncan 59's, oh and my amp only has a 2-band EQ)
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
Alright so here's the deal, I'm starting to get into some punk and metalcore bands a bit more (particularly Alexisonfire) and I've been playing with my tone.

I'm running a DN-2 (Dyna Drive, I <3) into the front of my Jazz Chorus (the smaller 50-watt JC50) and I've gotten it to sound at least decent, certainly a heavy tone. There's a thin line I'm trying very hard to split though – I'm trying to get that perfect mid-high range hardcore punk tone that isn't too rough and abrasive, but isn't too low and growly either.

So if anyone wants to just pitch me some suggestions about tweaking my tone, or just punk-metal tone in general, come help me out!

(I guess I should mention the guitar I'm playing is a semi-hollow with Duncan 59's, oh and my amp only has a 2-band EQ)

Not to be cliche and I hate to start the flaming, but Avenged Sevenfold has a very punk/metal tone because their influences are all punk/metal. I have a Synyster Gates signature guitar with two Seymour Duncan invaders in it and they do the job. Good for punk, and they sound heavy as hell when played through my Marshall tube amp.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.