i read some theory on the UG lessons. and i learned about all songs being in a certain key, which teh rhythm follows and the solo and rhythm needs to be in the same.

when i jam i just play kinda randomly, but should i concentrate on a certain key? :S
i feel kind of limited...

but anyway, when i try to come up with stuff not much happens, i know some scales.... but how to make cool rhythm stuff? i¨'m doing a lot of palm muted 0's on the 6th string and power chords etc but not much comes out u know...

and in choruses, the tempo/pattern etc.. and everything, how do you learn/play etc?

i really want to create songs, but i rly cant :/
I need some theory guide lines, something to work on, not just playing random ****.. since nothing happens.
hints please!
ummm...this is pretty bad...you need to learn music theory- there is 12 possible keys of a song..look up a circle of fifths that will help you if you know what sharps and flats are and im hoping you do otherwise you will have to start from the very very beginning of music theory Personal Message me if you have any questions. peace.
ok, first, find a progression that you like. Say you like C major ok? The Rhythm will follow the notes in a C Major Pattern which are Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj, Amin, Bdim. If you wanna solo over that, use notes or scales that comprise of those notes, so use an A minor penatonic or a C major penatonic scale. thats just to start you off.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by goldenslumbers
ummm...this is pretty bad...you need to learn music theory- there is 12 possible keys of a song..look up a circle of fifths that will help you if you know what sharps and flats are and im hoping you do otherwise you will have to start from the very very beginning of music theory Personal Message me if you have any questions. peace.

There are 24 keys.
Learn about diatonic chords and write progressions. Typically there are certain recommendations to follow, as to which chords lead well into another chord. Such as a I chord can lead into pretty much any thing, and an IV chord leads nicely into a iv chord. There's a whole bunch I would type out for you, but my parents want me to go to bed, so I can't be bothered at the moment.

Maybe someone could type some of these out these out, or you could use google?
If you don't have the creativity to imagine new music then we can't help you.
Practice. Play. Sleep. Repeat.

Quote by pearlJam_31490
i take it next your going to tell me that Cb is a note too!