Hi, i'm mostly playing accoustic but have been having a little go on my electric recently. It's a cheap fender squier strat but can anyone tell me a good routine to go through to get the best sound from it i can and no i don't mean throw it in the bin. I wanted to know things like height of strings, Pick up angles and distance from strings, good gauge of string considering i'm use to accoustic etc. Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Hey Shoeless. Well, what i would do is, i would have the pick-ups adjusted to where the top of them are half-way between the strings and the body, and the strings and string gauge i would use, since you play acoustic a lot more, would be either Ernie Ball Power Slinky Gauges 11-14-18-28-38-48, Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom Gauges 10-13-17-30-42-52, or some D'Addario strings the same gauge. Another thing is i would adjust the EQ settings, for a Strat i would have the bass at around half or lower, the treble at half or lower, and the mids at a little bit more than half. Remember though, at least half of your tone is going to come from the way you play.
Why would you use 11-48 or 10-52 on a strat? Strats are made for 9-42s.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Yeah, I'd stick with 9's for a strat
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by random_B-RAD
Why would you use 11-48 or 10-52 on a strat? Strats are made for 9-42s.

Oh my bad lol, what's wrong with using 11-48 on a strat? I just figured it would feel more comfortable for him to play with those because he is use to an acoustic.