i was just wondering if anyone else had seen the gibson 57' original on Ebay for nearing £40k. dont you think thats abit much for a guitar? vintage or not?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

link? if its real and authentic then its justified as one of the nicest and most sought after guitars ever.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.

looks in pretty good condition.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by hugh20
link? if its real and authentic then its justified as one of the nicest and most sought after guitars ever.

They don't sound like their worth 40$.
I can't hear the difference.
i think the original gibsons sound better than the following models fro mthe 80s etc. but older isnt always better. Rickenbacker 'Frying Pan' for example

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

LOL
its not an original 1959 Gibson Les Paul
anyone who buys it as such is an idiot
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Last edited by RHCPfan01 at Jan 12, 2009,
I would never pay that much money for a guitar,regardless of it's historical and cultural significance.Then again,I'm a player,not a collector,so I'm probably failing to see something important here.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

it wasnt an act of god that made me find it, i typed in les paul in ebay and it came up as result 1. i guess ifi was a collector, with £40k, id probably buy it. ill admit its a beautiful guitar.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Pr0gNut
I would never pay that much money for a guitar,regardless of it's historical and cultural significance.Then again,I'm a player,not a collector,so I'm probably failing to see something important here.

Seriously. That is just dead retarded to pay that much for a guitar.
It is for collectors, not for players and what a guitar is worth is highly subjective anyways.
Think about it: Some people collect stamps and are willing to pay several hundred bucks for a rare one. If a tiny bit of paper is worth that much, than certainly a guitar can be worth 40000 pounds.

That being said, I'd rather get banged by a rabid zebra than pay 40k for a damn guitar.
Quote by Midnight Murk
You'd be paying over triple that for a '59.
A cherry sunburst '59, yeah. But the one linked is a black Custom, which actually isn't anywhere near as desirable as the 'burst '59s.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
They don't sound like their worth 40$.
I can't hear the difference.
It's not $40k, it's £40k. Right now that's around $60,000. It used to be closer to $80,000 before the economy went to hell.

Anyway yeah, I don't see the problem with paying forty grand for that. White Customs from the 50's fetch prices in the £70,000+ range usually and burst LPs from the 50's fetch anything from £90,000 right up to around £250k for a really mint condition one. I believe the most expensive 50's Gibson I've heard of was a perfect condition cherry sunburst LP that went for a shade under £300,000, though that was a charity auction and you know people always pay a bit more when it's for charity. I know Richie Sambora's 1959 cherry sunburst LP which is a particularly good example of one cost him what was at the time the equivalent of around £226,000.

ITT: kids who have never even had a job refuse to believe adults have money.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.