hey guys
so i purchased a schecter 006 deluxe for christmas, but i have had my regrets with it. So now i have the option of returning ti and getting another guitar. The guys at the shop said I could swap it for a jackson js1 dinky HH. I played it for a bit and liked it, so started leaning towards swapping it.
But i was just wondering, considering it is a relativly cheap guitar, that it will last me at least a year and a half. I won't be gigging or anything, just at home with my Roland Cube 20x. I play Metallica, Atreyu, Megadeth, Pantera, trivium, stuff like that but the other half pf the time i play alot of blues. Will this guitar be ok?

Hope you can help me

Edit: and it is cheap with a tremelo, but i have no desires using it anyway
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Jan 12, 2009,
I'd go with the jackson myself.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

I'm in your sig!

But yeah, if you dont plan on using the trem you could block it and be fine. Otherwise you could look into an ibanez without a trem in the same price range (similar in neck profile, not the same though). The JS1 should fit well with those genres.
Quote by Pac_man0123

I'm in your sig!

But yeah, if you dont plan on using the trem you could block it and be fine. Otherwise you could look into an ibanez without a trem in the same price range (similar in neck profile, not the same though). The JS1 should fit well with those genres.

yea i've been playing alot of the fixed bridge rg's, and they were great, but (sad story), the guy in my area who stocked all of the rg's died and the store went into liquidation and everything was sold for a mad price, and this was when i had the schecter.

oh btw pac man your there because your awesome
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

It's not going to dissolve if that's what you mean. I don't have dinky, but I've bought $50 guitars like 5-6 years ago, and they're holding up fine in spite of when I go Dr.Frankenstein on them. Just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's disposable, like paper plate, or a camera, it'll most likely last at least a year and a half. Also, don't pay attention to the price of a guitar, the right one for you might not cost ten grand, it could easily be a cheap old copy that you find at a garage sale for ten dollars, or that js1. EDIT: Oh yeah, what Pac_man said, if your not going to use the trem then blocking it will do wonders, idealy you should use a block of wood thats the same wood as the guitar, or at least close to the same density, but you could use anything really.
Last edited by david_highland at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by david_highland
It's not going to dissolve if that's what you mean. I don't have dinky, but I've bought $50 guitars like 5-6 years ago, and they're holding up fine in spite of when I go Dr.Frankenstein on them. Just cause it's cheap doesn't mean it's disposable, like paper plate, or a camera, it'll most likely last at least a year and a half. Also, don't pay attention to the price of a guitar, the right one for you might not cost ten grand, it could easily be a cheap old copy that you find at a garage sale for ten dollars, or that js1. EDIT: Oh yeah, what Pac_man said, if your not going to use the trem then blocking it will do wonders, idealy you should use a block of wood thats the same wood as the guitar, or at least close to the same density, but you could use anything really.

yea thanks alotd david, as long as it will go from metal to blues and last a while, it'll be sweet
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Quote by splamron
yea thanks alotd david, as long as it will go from metal to blues and last a while, it'll be sweet

I've never played a guitar that couldn't sound like a blues guitar, the blues is great like that, the genre was established by old guys that were broke and played any guitar they could get their hands on, so pretty much any guitar could be a blues guitar. I'm confident that you could get either a good metal or blues sound from a jackson.
well, the the distorted stuff ill be playing is Metallica, megadeth, iron maiden and avenged sevenfold, so its not SUPER distorted death metal and stuff, so i guess ill be ok there
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Quote by Pac_man0123
Aye, and you could always get some new pickups from GFS.

yea i'd definatly do a change in the future, whats gfs?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

^lol oh yea, thanks
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik