ive heard alot of yall swering by schecters great quality. So if i cant get my hands on a jim root signature telecaster, ill settle for a schecter. I like the C-1 plus, the C-1 classic, and the C-1 blackjack atx. I played a hellraiser but i hate how high the fret bar is. its insanely high on the schecter c1 hellraiser FR. are all schecters like that? if so, then ill wait on that telecaster.
You mean the big frets? If so, i believe all Schecters have jumbo frets... and so does the Jim Root Tele.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I have the schecter hellraiser 7 string. Action is definitely not like an Ibanez but I'm much happier with how it plays than any other guitar. It is the extra long scale but its still very playable. When I bought it the guy that I bought it off of shredded like crazy on it proving that it can be played fast.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
After you play schecters for a while you don't even notice the jumbo frets. And Schecter does have insanely high quality. I own a $350 Schecter Gryphon, low end I know, but aside from a few wiring problems that guitar is built like mother earth herself, sturdy and capable of supporting life, and in this simile music is life. So if you get a C-1 Classic you'll be buying an amazing guitar.

And I will hate you forever for it. Ha ha ha ha. Just kidding. The frets are definitely a small thing and you'll get over it.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
no i love jumbo frets, i mean like the neck felt taller than most necks kinda like, i had to reach higher to get the e-string.
Quote by paintballcrazy7
no i love jumbo frets, i mean like the neck felt taller than most necks kinda like, i had to reach higher to get the e-string.

Maybe you just aren't used to it. Play something that is weird for you enough times then it becomes normal.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
The C-1 classic is a personal fave of mine,but the inlay is a bit much for some people.The blackjack ATX series are nice as well,but my favorite Schecter model has to be either the stiletto classic or the Loomis 7.Not that those last 2 models have anything to do with the topic haha.

It depends what you want the guitar to do.The ATX is more metal and hard rock oriented while the Classic is a versatile genre hopper.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by paintballcrazy7
yeah. youre probably right there. so which one do yall prefer?

If you can get used to the neck the Hellraiser is a really amazing guitar.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
For the price, they are amazing value, the quality is outstanding. I swear by mine, it's the most reliable guitar I own.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
For the price, they are amazing value, the quality is outstanding. I swear by mine, it's the most reliable guitar I own.

Very true. Schecter Gryphon is a real low end model, but the quality control is legendary! I've had it for three years, it can take a pounding that is for sure. I've even taken the neck off it a couple times, put it back on and it played perfectly. I crave a C-1E/A. That would be great, but they are discontinued. TS What styles of music do you play? Cause that will determine what model of Schecter you want.

Quote by JF-SH1
Very true. Schecter Gryphon is a real low end model, but the quality control is legendary! I've had it for three years, it can take a pounding that is for sure. I've even taken the neck off it a couple times, put it back on and it played perfectly. I crave a C-1E/A. That would be great, but they are discontinued. TS What styles of music do you play? Cause that will determine what model of Schecter you want.

E/A has a piezo right?

And Schecter really does make great guitars. My C-1+ is truly awesome.
Yeah it's got piezo. That is one main reason why I want it. But also because I adore semi hollows. It is my dream guitar, once the pickups get swapped at least.

Yeah they have discontinued them all the way. I have been looking on Ebay and craigslist for them but I can't find them that often.

yeah, my omen-6 has changed my friend from a fender to a schecter man, he had a cheap strat & whenever he'd comeover he always raved bout wanting to get one & would always play mine

i love the jumbo frets, i tried playing his strat & kept hitting wrong frets because of the size difference

defenitely get a schecter, they are on the rise (popularity not price), getting more respect than what i remember them being, & probably have some of the best price/quality deals you can get.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
The Schecter C-1 Floyd rose guitars is probably hands down one of the best guitars on the market in all aspects. And price as well, Take a mahogany set net with maple top, Add an original floyd rose, Grover Tuners, EMG pickups with coil taps with an awesome playability=

A guitar priced mark higher than you would think.

I played one extensively at guitar center, and im throwing out the Jackson RR5 as my next instrument and getting this bad boy.
I love both of my Schecters. Feature wise the Hellraiser kicks a$$, but I like the action on my Tempest better.
Gear:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR (black cherry)
Schecter Tempest Custom (white)
Amps:
Line6 Bogner Spider Valve 112
Line6 Spider III 75
Pedals:
Dime Crybaby
Into metal? Get the Blackjack ATX
Want more variety? Get the C1 classic

Both are killer guitars, for relatively cheap.
WTLTL 2011
I have a Schecter C-1 classic. I tried a Hellraiser and liked the feel but I prefer the sound of passive pickups. The classic is a great guitar. I was able to find mine for $400 in great shape w/ a hard case on ebay. I would recommend you buy used even though the new prices are extremely reasonable but thats a whole other issue entirely.
Stuff I use:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez RG350DX
Peavey 5150 (Signature)
Marshall 1960AV
Just wanted to correct some inaccurate info from Page 1...

Hellraisers have X-Jumbo frets - extra jumbo. They are bigger than most Schecters, which have Jumbo frets. There is a noticeable difference in depth to me.