i run my strat thorugh several effects into a fender fm210r, which i have been told is a very high end solid state amplifier. the clean channel is perfect on this amp, and my other pedals work beautifully, including my boss ds-2.

however i am considering upgrading to a big muff, but have heard that they don't perform too well in front of an SS amplifier.

is this true or just due to opinion?

thanks
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - 3 tone Sunburst
Fender Soronan - Lake Placid Blue
Fender FM210
Boss DS-2
Boss CE-5
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby
Fender PT100
They don't perform well infront of most SS amps, but I'm to sure about the FM. It's worth a shot.

If it doesn't sound good with that amp, keep it around until you upgrade (if you decide to). If not, sell it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Any FM is most definently NOT a high end SS amp. Go and try out for yourself considering the muff, people tend to hate on SS amps with pedals, so expect some biased answers.

Muff is meh on any SS amp depending on one's ears. I dont think its as bad as people say.

edit: Frontmans are still ****.
Last edited by jarudy at Jan 12, 2009,
oh right ok. i think i will go and try it this weekend, and then see what kind of tone i can get out of it. thanks for your advice!

edit: and also i didn't start this thread for people rag on my amp choice.
its good for my music style and what i need it for
Fender Mexican Stratocaster - 3 tone Sunburst
Fender Soronan - Lake Placid Blue
Fender FM210
Boss DS-2
Boss CE-5
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Cry Baby
Fender PT100
Last edited by free-style-man at Jan 12, 2009,
Well, they don't sound great on SS amps, but they are not complete **** on them. Go ahead and buy it. It's a great pedal for a punky-alternative kind of tone. I love those. As soon as I get my Tele I'm buying one.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke