so CCR (creedence clearwater revival) is one of my favorite bands, and i know that they're considered to be the foremost swamp rock band...

but i dont really know any other bands that are considered to be swamp-rock (to my knowledge, at least).

what other bands play this style / instrumentation?
Last edited by rock_n_roll124 at Jan 12, 2009,
lynyrd skynyrd, the eagles (rooted in southern rock, but there not really a good example), the ****ing allman brothers, zz top.
Last edited by pepsi1187 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by Echoplex
Who is ccr?

if i remember right its clearwater credence revival
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Creedance Clearwater Revival?
Edit: beaten to it. I forgot about this great, underrated classic rock band.

I can't remeber hearing anything like them, but The Ramones did a cover of Have you ever seen the rain.
Last edited by Echoplex at Jan 12, 2009,
creedence clearwater revival

i guess i just never thought of the so-called southern rock bands to be the same genre as swamp-rock...

the thing about CCR is that they have a different style and instrumentation than other southern rock (imo). they seem to have a lot of rockabilly influence, and also mixed acoustic / electric guitar work... also, thematically, they are associated mostly with new orleans rather than the rest of the south (despite being from california). i've never come across a band that i thought was quite like them.
Last edited by rock_n_roll124 at Jan 12, 2009,
I don't know any other swamp bands, but that CCR tone makes me splooge every time I hear it.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
check out some of dr. johns stuff...definitely swampy! he's from Louisiana. His album
"Gris Gris" sounds like swampy, psychedelic infused rock
'Music is the best"
Zappa
i'm familiar with some of dr. john's stuff... he still doesn't have the same appeal to me as creedence clearwater revival... i like him, but he doesn't do the same for me as some creedence stuff...
The Drones have been described as swamp rock but I don't really see a similarity to bands like CCR
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For