Page 1 of 3
This is ridiculous. My friend is fairly decent at Rock Band drums, and he bought a drum set last Tuesday. No big deal, but he's always like, "I'm gonna be good because I'm amazing at Rock Band." Somehow him and two other people formed a band Sunday and are having a concert at a legit place next Sunday. Can't have notecharts scrolling across the crowd.
And?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
That's great, i wish your friend the best of luck. Gotta love somebody being inspired to pick up an instrument.
what's the big deal then?
if you're so jealous, go get a gig to show him up.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Well he can probably keep a beat but will have no freakin idea of the physical requirements for genuine drumming.
Quote by bendystraw
That's great, i wish your friend the best of luck. Gotta love somebody being inspired to pick up an instrument.

+1
Quote by thedefrockednun

DAMN YOU I SIGGED HER FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand, in the name of the rt, that you change your sig...

NOW!!!!!!!!!

Quote by rigiddigits
RT meet!! Of epic global proportions!!!*
*world may asplode due to unprecedented levels of awesome.
You realize that in the sense of "oh i'm good at ____ so i'll be got at the real thing" rockband/guitar hero guitar and drums are different things?

You can learn basic drums good enough through rockband/guitar hero to be at the least competant. Of course it wont be the same exact thing but you learn the basics of separating your limbs.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Jan 12, 2009,
So he was inspired by a video game to take up the real thing? Sounds pretty bitchin' to me. The ONLY possible reason you could have to be against this is your jealousy, which lingers around your words like a bad perfume.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Get a video of it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
So, who cares? if they're good enough to play some songs then let them do what they want. If he can't play then he'll look like an ass and that will be the end of that. At least he's trying.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by freedoms_stain
Well he can probably keep a beat but will have no freakin idea of the physical requirements for genuine drumming.

OH GOD I KNOW!

I filled in for my drummer's friend who's in a band as a drummer....

...my arms and legs were soar for a week!
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
your friend got a gig in the first two weeks that he's playing?
He must have something going on that you dont.
oooooohhohohohohoho...you are so jealous
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
I don't see any jealousy.
I agree with it. He can not possibly be able to memorize anything within only playing for a week. Rock band is nothing like the actual instument.
Wait, they have a gig after being real musicians for a few days? Sweet, they're probably a pretty badass punk band.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
threads like these are the reason i like guitar hero and rock band. it makes people so butthurt and whiny.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Wait, they have a gig after being real musicians for a few days? Sweet, they're probably a pretty badass punk band.

Ha I know because Rush and System of a Down are soooo punk. And Chop Suey, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, BYOB are teh greatest songs evar
Drums are the only thing usefull on Rock band...you really can learn them.
Quote by raptorz44
Ha I know because Rush and System of a Down are soooo punk. And Chop Suey, Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, BYOB are teh greatest songs evar

You're forgetting the point. Rush and SOAD have people that are semi-musicians that are "drummers"
i can kind of appreciate what things like rockband and guitar hero do.. its an indirect aspiration to the real thing. lots of people figure they can't play real guitar or drums.. so they go for the video game.

while pretty far from the real thing, its still pretty fun.. and if it leads to them wanting to play the real thing, all the better. The world needs more musicians.

despite all that, i'm freaking horrible at both of those games for some reason
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by raptorz44

he was slamming punk because even idiots like johnny rotten can make it.
Quote by strawberryJAMZ
he was slamming punk because even idiots like johnny rotten can make it.

I know, I understand it and I do listen to punk.
Quote by Corruption
OH GOD I KNOW!

I filled in for my drummer's friend who's in a band as a drummer....

...my arms and legs were soar for a week!

Yes, I recently bought a drum kit and it's about 100 times harder than it looks - although I was never one of those pricks claiming that drumming is easy. It is more fun to pick up and play (not literally, of course) than my guitar though.

And good on the TS' friend - hopefully it isn't a fad, rather he wants to actually learn it properly.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by bendystraw

Specially a whole drum kit, they're kinda heavy.

Quote by therealtater
itd be kinda hard to pick up a drum set though...

Damn you, now my joke has no use.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw

Quoted for emphasis.

Although, I'm surprised to see them get a gig a week after forming...have you heard them play? Maybe they're amazing.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by raptorz44
This is ridiculous. My friend is fairly decent at Rock Band drums, and he bought a drum set last Tuesday. No big deal, but he's always like, "I'm gonna be good because I'm amazing at Rock Band." Somehow him and two other people formed a band Sunday and are having a concert at a legit place next Sunday. Can't have notecharts scrolling across the crowd.

Dude, your mate is actually one of the good things to come about from this ****ty trend of RB/GH... If he chooses to actually take up an instrument because of it, I'm glad, and you should be too. I hate nothing worse than when someone brags about their skills on the plastic controllers, but if they then pick up a guitar and actually see how it is- and put it to good use, well, more power to them.

TS, what's your problemo?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
your friend got a gig in the first two weeks that he's playing?
He must have something going on that you dont.

well he's not on the pit so thats one thing he's got goin for him
That's actually how I got interested in guitars. The first Guitar Hero that came out for the PS2 many years ago was what got me interested. I played Iron Man at the local store and I wanted the game so badly. But, my dad being a hardcore musician (pianist) told me I could only get it AFTER playing a real guitar for 6 months. So we went across the street to a guitar center.....

.....6 months after that, I decided I didn't need GH :P
video tape it, youtube, ug, sounds good
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by metaldud536
Silent jealousy, don't you leave me alone....

oh

my

god.

you know X Japan as well as Pokémon?

on topic: i have to agree with whoever said he won't make it physically for a while.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
is he any good?
if not, go to the show and get a good laugh.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If at first you don't succeed, play bass.

Quote by Jackal58
Cats don't think. They plot.

Catch me on FLICKR
Proud owner of a beautiful PRS P22
Quote by tenac218
That's actually how I got interested in guitars. The first Guitar Hero that came out for the PS2 many years ago was what got me interested. I played Iron Man at the local store and I wanted the game so badly. But, my dad being a hardcore musician (pianist) told me I could only get it AFTER playing a real guitar for 6 months. So we went across the street to a guitar center.....

.....6 months after that, I decided I didn't need GH :P

soad for life <3
Page 1 of 3