Ok, so I am looking at the Digitech RP90 Multi Effects Pedal, and from what I have read and seen, it seems pretty good. I understand all of the effects and sounds that it makes, but here is where you are going to have to cut me some slack. Will this pedal let me just continuously switch between clean and drive in the middle of playing? Im very sorry, but I am still new and have never owned a pedal.

Also, would this pedal be necessary if I have a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-RP90-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-104653852-i1375342.gc

Thanks guys.
Line 6 Spiders don't take pedals very well, meaning that pedals dont sound very good when you use them with this amp.

Most modeling amps don't take pedals well because they are designed to sound good with their own built in effects, not external effects.
^This. The RP90 isn't a very good multi effect in the first place, but it's going to sound worse through your Spider since they don't take effects well.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Never put effects through a modeling amp, 'specially a Spider. It just makes it sound much worse, for some reason.

I remember putting a Big Muff through a Spider. It was not pretty.