Hey guys !!

I want to buy a small amp to practice in a small student appartement so to prevent trouble with my housemates, it doen't has to be very loud and a plug for headphones is probably is good idea. But nevertheless, it should have a proper sound (1 clean and 1 crunch/lead channel). a couple effects like reverb, delay or chorus would be nice but not absolutely necessary. a plug for a footswitch is welcome but optional, as well...

I was thinking about the Roland Cube 20x.

I got a OLP John Petrucci Signature and play mostly metal, hard rock, punk but also clean acoustic stuff...

Do anybody got some suggestion, comments or advises ??

Cheers
Stefan
Whatever you do, Don't buy a Marshall MG.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Roland Cube. Even the Micro Cube is a decent little practice amp. My $3k Telecaster sounded pretty good through it.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Roland Cube. Even the Micro Cube is a decent little practice amp. My $3k Telecaster sounded pretty good through it.

Why does your Tele cost $3,000? o_o
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Why does your Tele cost $3,000? o_o

It's a Custom Shop Limited Edition. 1 of only 6 made. Check it out in my profile. I have 2 photos of it.
Peavey Vypyr 15, Vox VT15, Roland Microcube...

I didn't really like the Cube 15 I played, so I can't recommend it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
peavey classic 30. They can keep the volume down pretty well for a tube amp. The cube is ok.

I run my H&K duotone combo on EL84's in my apartment and used to run it the same way in the dorms and I never got any complaints.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Last edited by Ddjembe Mutombo at Jan 12, 2009,
give us a budget and maybe we can give you more recommendations, like a low wattage tube amp that doesnt NEED to be cranked up. i wouldnt get the vypyr though, it's probably not as simple as you'd like it to be
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by DocRiff
metal, hard rock, punk

Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
peavey classic 30

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Cube is a good choice and here in the UK the Cube 20X is only £99 but if you want better quality sound and effects for silent practice, try a Digitech RP150 (£69) or an RP250 (£139). Since I switched to using multi FX units for practice I've started wondering why I ever bothered with a practice amp at all as the sound is awful in comparison.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Roland Cube 30x or MICRO because it has the r-fier and the acoustic amp models and it has effects.
roland cube 20x-15x= no (no effects and amp models
VYPYR= sure
Vox= no
MG=no!!!!!
spider=hell no!!!
raven= fck no!!!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Roland Cube 30x or MICRO because it has the r-fier and the acoustic amp models and it has effects.
roland cube 20x-15x= no (no effects and amp models
VYPYR= sure
Vox= no
MG=no!!!!!
spider=hell no!!!
raven= fck no!!!!!!!

The cube 20x has effects and amp models. The 15x has amp models but no effects.
BTW have you auditioned any of those amps before ?
Also look at a blackstar ht-5 combo. It fills a void in the 5 watt tube catagory that can do metal without a pedal
Quote by Raijouta

i have played the classic 30 and I play a lot of melodic metal, hardcore, and other styles. You just have to eq it correctly and maybe throw a different speaker in it if you honestly aren't getting those album tones you are shooting for.
You could even throw a drive pedal in front if you want to be that picky.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by jon12315
The cube 20x has effects and amp models. The 15x has amp models but no effects.
BTW have you auditioned any of those amps before ?

yes why ???????
my couzin has a vypyr

the GC personel suggested me a spider as my first amp and i tried it good thing i didnt buy it. i saw a guy palying crazy train over an mg, it was horrible.
tried the cube and the vox then my uncle said that he will give me his XXX as a gift so ididnt buy any of those amps. but i bought my blackheart as a practice amp and i use it in small gigs when i play classic rock and hard rock.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 12, 2009,
I'm intending to spend maximum about 250 Euro that equals something about 330 US$, i think...

I didn't try any of these amps so far... i took a couple magazine to read. that why i start this thread...

But Thanks a lot guys so far...