so i have and epiphone les paul and a 75 watt line 6 spider 3 laugh if you must but my main question is besides a amp and guitar what else should i upgrade or add so i can play small shows i have been playing for a while but just now in a serious band btw im in a hardcore band like have heart and cruel hand not really metal any tips help
it was something inside, it was something more than ink
also would i need a bigger amp or will mine work?
Well we cant tell you want to upgrade if we dont know what else you have in your rig.

And you can get away with what you have now but its not the best. Get a better amp and the pedal versions of the effects you use the most and you should be good to go then.
thats basically all i have i ment what would i need as for the amp im getting a peavey
I would just get a nice tube amp, I'd serve you much better, since it'd be louder, and sound nicer.

But you could get away with small, casual gigs with that rig.
that Peavey wont get you a metal core sound at all, plus the cab is kinda crappy
its more like hardcore punk but anyways what would you suggest for a decent price
is 60 watts enough and also thanks for all the help
oic thanks what makes a tube amp louder
I would get a used Sovtek mig w/ master volume on ebay and an avatar cab if you have the cash.

I would stay away from b52 and bugera. They are junky.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by zambrano38384
oic thanks what makes a tube amp louder

it has a fuller sound to it, read the "what amp should i get?" in the stickies, will answer a lot of your questions

Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo

and why is that?
Quote by Ghold125
it has a fuller sound to it, read the "what amp should i get?" in the stickies, will answer a lot of your questions

and why is that?

they sound terrible to me. All these low cost tube amps are no better than a SS amp. They are junk and they will have reliability issues because they are built in china.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
I've played a hardcore gig with the same amp. It's possible, but you will probably hate it. My advice is to save up for something with tubes. Don't think your totally screwed yet though.
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
they sound terrible to me. All these low cost tube amps are no better than a SS amp. They are junk and they will have reliability issues because they are built in china.

To each his own, we've all got personal tastes.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
keep in mind bigger isn't always better, check into the b-52 if youre on a budget, i havent heard good things about the windsor though
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
I would get a used Sovtek mig w/ master volume on ebay and an avatar cab if you have the cash.

Sorry man, but they are far from "junky". Some have had reliability issues, but it goes that way for alot of aps that are new to the feild. Mine serves me well, although either a 6260 or a 6262 would be better suited for hardcore.
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
(Bugera)they sound terrible to me. All these low cost tube amps are no better than a SS amp. They are junk and they will have reliability issues because they are built in china.

Holy crap! With as much money/equipment as you have got, it's no wonder you would think this. You're only 21 and a fulltime student??? You must have some well-off parents.

Sheesh!
Last edited by BeerChurch at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by BeerChurch
Holy crap! With as much money/equipment as you have got, it's no wonder you would think this. And you're only 21??? You must have some well-off parents.

Sheesh!

or a job ? ^^
You should get an amp before anything else.

I also suggest the B-52 At 112 and the Bugera 6260 212.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by shoolocomous
or a job ? ^^

Yeah right.
Triamps are like, 3k USED.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
+1

and Windsors are not that bad for punk. Lacks a clean channel. That and the B52 are on major sale. Do we even know a budget here? Has the guy looked at used gear? Bugera would work under certain conditions and understandings.
to answer the question the budget is around 500 and i could careless used or new just good condition
I checked the Green Bay craigslist and didn't find much. Most of the stuff that has been brought up would work well for you. Can you play these somewhere or are you buying off the Internet? This might be worth a look to, but I don't know much about it and is over budget.

Mesa Boogie .22 combo $600
http://wausau.craigslist.org/msg/976085564.html
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo

The place where something was made does not indefinitely reflect the quality and reliability.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i also was wondering about rolands or crates or even marshals
hardcore first gig is in a month and i use a ds 1 distortion but part of this was amps and effects so im glad you brought that up
You mean the $500 is for amps and effects?

What effects to do need?

Crate V's are nice imo if you can find one. I was surprised at how well the Cubes sound. Never played a 60 but I bet you could gig with it. I wouldn't put pedals on it though. I doubt you will find too many Marshalls under $500 that worth buying imo.

B52 is probably what I would get while they are still on sale.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You mean the $500 is for amps and effects?

What effects to do need?

Crate V's are nice imo if you can find one. I was surprised at how well the Cubes sound. I doubt you will find too many Marshalls under $500 that worth buying imo.

Marshall MG100 or Marshall Valvestate.

Bash away. Its just my suggestion, these amps aren't bad.

Marshall MG's and Valvestates are GREAT for PUNK, me and my band mainly play punk rock (like NOFX and Lagwagon,) and also pop punk. I use an MG half stack and it gives me a great sound for punk music.

Make sure you buy a pedal for overdrive or distortion. It sounds the best with pedals, the channels are okay, but if you use a pedal it will be much better,

So yes, MG's and Valvestates are good amps for playing PUNK.

*Flameshield up*
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
im considering getting a b-52 60 watt all tube and one of those mini metal muff pedals
Get a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT-XL or a AD100VT-XL if you want more power.

They are awesome amps, very loud, suited for metal amazingly well, and are hardy and great.

Or a Peavey Vypyr 75 or 100 if you really want.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by zambrano38384
im considering getting a b-52 60 watt all tube and one of those mini metal muff pedals

A Cubs fan up in Cheddar-ville? Sorry - had to. Hey wait til next year!

I haven't tried the mini metal muff so I can't comment on that but the B-52 is a good buy at the current sale price. Maybe add in an EQ with some of the funds to help you shape your tone from it since you have room under your budget this route.
I wouldn't think you'd need a metal muff if you bought a B-52. Get a nice EQ instead, like the MXR 10 Band. Then you can boost your amp withthe gain slider to get a heavier sound while still hsaping your tone how you want it