A few years back my ma and pa bought me a 5-string Micheal Kelly club custom electric/acoustic bass, and honestly i havent really payed it too much attention since its all but useless outside of playing it in my room. The only times i really pick it up is to tune the G-string up to A and play some latin/italian sounding stuff. Once i get around to it, im thinking of defretting it to make it more interesting.

But anyway, just a few minutes ago i got the idea to plug it into my rig. And when i put it up to any volume what so ever, no matter what the eq is, within almost half a second of plucking any note past like the 7th or 8th fret i get earsplitting feedback and all the strings start rattling like mother****ers.

Am i doing something horribly wrong? Are most acoustic/electric basses rubbish like it seems? Is it my amp? French people?
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by slap-a-bass
ONLY above the 7th and 8th frets?

doesn't happen on your other bass?

bizarre

I play through a GK 1001Rb Mark-II head and Gk Neo 410 800w cab. And i never really cranked the volume, and i fiddled around with the EQ to try to work around it. nada. Im damn sure its not the amp, so my first assumption is shoddy craftsmenship with the acoustic. From all ive heard theres very few good acoustic basses. But if anyone else has an explanation im all ears
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
It's because the sound waves vibrate the soundboard....any electric-acoustic instrument, guitar or bass, will have this problem. Move away from your amp and don't face it when you play, and maybe get a soundhole blocker.
Nope, no sig here.