is there such a thing as lefthanded pickups or can you just put any pick up on a leftie guitar?
all pups will be the same, non are oriented towards a left handed play or a right handed played
No such thing, the only reason you would ever need one is on an ERG instrument like an 8 string where you want the bass to respond differently for clarity or w.e

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Jan 12, 2009,
nope
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
It depends what you mean really, Hendrix was renowned for having his unique tone, back in the day when fender used to issue stacked pickups, the fact that he merely flipped the guitar around created a very unconventional sound.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
It depends what you mean really, Hendrix was renowned for having his unique tone, back in the day when fender used to issue stacked pickups, the fact that he merely flipped the guitar around created a very unconventional sound.

I thought that had more to do with the way the pickup was staggared, not the orientation?
Quote by T!AN
I thought that had more to do with the way the pickup was staggared, not the orientation?

Well, it was staggered as such because of the orientation.

Quote by hmmm_de_hum

Not that unique.
The bass strings were a little more trebley, and the treble strings were a little more bassy. And the D string sounded hotter, because the pole piece that was originally for the G is higher, due to the fact that you usually had a wound string there. But Hendrix had very light strings.
It's not like it was the biggest influence on his tone. I'd say his light strings affected his tone/technique more than his pickups' orientation.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I've been wondering this a lot lately too, I'm a lefty with a LP and have been curious about the position my pickups should be installed in, but apparently it doesn't matter, which is just so cool.
There are a few pickups out there labeled as lefthanded. SD makes the pickups where 3 of the magnets are alnico5 and the other 3 are alnico2 or whatever. But doesnt make it right handed as turning it around would then make it lefthanded. Pickups are sort of universal. You might angle em like on a strat but its not like they wind em backwards or upside down or insideout or something of the sort.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum

In the future if you're a moron don't answer a question.

When did Fender "stack the pickups" in Hendrix's time.

What a dullard
yes several left handed pickups are out, they are just wound a bit differently i believe.

SD and Dimarzio offer some. they arent special or anything, just the same as righties with slight differences.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff