I'm planning on buying a new amp soon and wanted to stop and ask the pros what their opinions were. I am looking at spending around $500-$600 (canadian). One of the amps that i was looking at was the Crate Flexwave 120 2x12, but i read another thread about them and the response was not too positive, what do you think of this amp? Are there any tube amps that are decent and cost around that price range? Thanks
What style of music do you play? What artists's sounds make you say, "Ohh....I like that!" ?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Crate Flexwave = FAIL!!!!

what are your musical tastes/ genres you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well, my band covers Audioslave - Revelations, Metallica - The Day That Never Comes, + more but that might give you an idea
You could get a Valveking, and then save money later to mod it up.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
yeah i was actually looking at those, probably the 112. ive heard mostly good things about them so far, of course its not "superior" but for $500 it seems pretty decent
Get a line 6 spider III series amp. just got one its freakin amazing. it holds 400 song presets and has a great tone. best perchase of my life
Quote by _musicupthebutt
Get a line 6 spider III series amp. just got one its freakin amazing. it holds 400 song presets and has a great tone. best perchase of my life

GTFO UG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want a GOOD modeling amp go with a spider VALVE, vypyr, cube series, VOX advt/vt series, Line 6 flextone ETC.

for tube amp valveking would be good but a B-52 at 112 would be better for metal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by _musicupthebutt

too bad I know 401 songs. Do you know if the Spider IV can contain enough presets for me?
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
okay thanks for the input everybody, now i have a few more choices to choose from. im going down to the music store within the next couple of days so ill try to get back to ya with what i decided on.
I bought a spider valve 112 the other day as a replacement guitar amp after spending three years at university. Previously to this I had a Marshall DSL 50 with a 4*12 cab, which was awesome just took up too much room.

I thought the spider valve would be the best option as my taste in music is diverse in which i play and I wanted all options. I spent a few days playing with the amp as i am between jobs and had plenty of time. I was far from impressed with the amp! I found the interfaces made it really hard to pick up and just play, which I know is not what this amp is intended for but surely this is important.

but my main concern which really made it hard to work around, was every time you change the amp model settings the change in volume was outrageous.

I think the idea behind the amp is awesome and i have no doubt that if you have the patience to set the whole thing up for yourself then it can be very rewarding. But for me this is no stand in for any real full valve amp after all whatever you input into this amp it has to go through digital wiring at some point....

So i made the decision to work out what I would be playing mostly which is blues and classic rock and I bought a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue; which does exactly what it says on the tin and sounds incredible!!!!!

Gear:

1991 Fender Strat Ultra
2000 Gibson SG Standard
I wanna know if itll sound okay if i get a Randall RH150G3 head for my valveking cab?
or if therll be any problems nd stuff ?
I picked up a bugera 333xl a few weeks ago... This thing is a beast. Has some incredible range to get a tone you like.

Heres are some clips from a guy on youtube...

Crunch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moraAjU2p84

Metal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVTRfo73quU&feature=channel

KSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1CYg-mz5Yw&feature=channel_page

Classic Rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F15MKbrr0eg&feature=channel

Clean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MUWSiPRiM&feature=channel
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

for tube amp valveking would be good but a B-52 at 112 would be better for metal

Try both of these amps side by side if you can and see what you think. Both good suggestions IMO. Peoples tastes vary.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.