i have broken the thing that the string has to go thru to go onto the fret board that is under the tuner( on my bass its white)
and im wondering if i can take the one from my other bass and put it on this one
and if i can do it easily
sounds like a broken nut? maybe show a picture. if so- have it taken to a professional... nut repairs are not easily done
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
yea im refering to the nut, would there be an easy wai to get one of one bass to anotehr?
just buy a new nut. they are not too expensive
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
im going to but i want to put these strings on my better guitar now so i can play cuz idk how long it will be till i can get a ride to a guitar store, so is there a wai
you could carve one out of a piece of plastic or something for now
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
I make wood ones. Granted.. they aren't very good. But I use them on my acoustic guitars, so whatever.
DB Player
Quote by Cubertt
im going to but i want to put these strings on my better guitar now so i can play cuz idk how long it will be till i can get a ride to a guitar store, so is there a wai

Yes there is a "wai."

Buy one online.
Have someone bring one to you.

or

Wait a little while.
Nuts aren't much. You can get one made from actual bone (both durable and way cooler than plastic ones, duh) for a cheap buck. Also, If you bring them your bass, they will probably give you a quick lesson in how to work yourself around the nut and string gauges if you're lucky.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
I broke the one on my bass recently too. Musicians friend and guitar center both have them for $9.00
My Gear:
Squire Vintage Jazz Bass
Hartke 2500 Head
Hartke VX410 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner