Hey, just thought I'd try and do a little self promoting :P I actually joined this band a couple months ago, shayne (the other guitarist) has done most of the recordings himself as hes the one with the crazy recording set up, he just picked up an ENGL powerball and a vader cab, I'm pretty damn jealous haha. We have a show coming up in about a month which we're all very excited about.

http://www.myspace.com/thepaeredoks

check out 'ideate' and 'glitch', my personal favourites.
yeah he has actually put quite a bit of money into getting new mixing gear and mics as well as his guitar gear, his basement is like a little studio haha. We're still learning how to use it all but our recording quality is steadily getting better.

thanks for the kind words!
Clip Clip Clip Clip Clip Clip.

The actual sound is pretty good but you're running the digital end up too high... That fuzz around the edges is NOT from the guitar distortion, that's your signal digitally clipping.

Really like the sections that aren't just the CHUG CHUG CHUG POUND POUND POUND nonsense. Sure it's heavy but who cares... The sections where there are actual riffs are far more interesting and enjoyable.
Quote by RadioMuse
Clip Clip Clip Clip Clip Clip.

The actual sound is pretty good but you're running the digital end up too high... That fuzz around the edges is NOT from the guitar distortion, that's your signal
digitally clipping.

Really like the sections that aren't just the CHUG CHUG CHUG POUND POUND POUND nonsense. Sure it's heavy but who cares... The sections where there are actual riffs are far more interesting and enjoyable.

well like I said we haven't had the gear for that long and we are still learning how to use it, most of the songs were recorded and written before we had anything that was any good, 'ideate' and the mix test thing are the only ones we have been able to use the new stuff with. I'll definitely keep that in mind!

and yeah we do love our chugging a little too much lol. You'll be glad to hear that most of the new stuff we've been writing includes a little more variety

Quote by Ubertron
No problem man, I'd link you to our stuff but I feel all embarrassed now with the difference in recording equipment :p

no need to be shy, I have never judged a band based just on their recording quality
hey mann thanks for the crit, and yeah i see what you mean about the chugging. The intro chugging in Ideate fits soo perfectly, but then it kinda goes on a bit. hah. ALSO, how did you get that drowned out effect at 2:00? It fits niceelyy mannn. il add your band.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by jammin24
hey mann thanks for the crit, and yeah i see what you mean about the chugging. The intro chugging in Ideate fits soo perfectly, but then it kinda goes on a bit. hah. ALSO, how did you get that drowned out effect at 2:00? It fits niceelyy mannn. il add your band.

No problem, and I'm not too sure what you mean by drowned out, if you're talking about ideate the riff at 2:00 is just really twangy and frantic lol its not really due to effects. But most of the effects that we do use are done in a program my friend has called coloussus