I just tried one out the other day and they were so frieken good.

Then i look at the price tag and im like wow, best damn guitars for the price.

Whats up how come there so cheap.
link me to this so called relic mexican fender
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
The roadworn series? I played one, it was impressive, though certainly not worth nearly the price of an american. Besides, breaking a guitar up yourself gives it a character and a story personal to you, no sense in some factory worker doing it for you.
well from what i hear you guys are just loballing them cause there MIM.

From what i now i got a buddy who knows one of the main guys at fender in this Project and from what he tells me there baisicly MIA parts, and there baisicly just bolting the necks on them in Mexico.

Frieken great guitars, fender really has something going here.

Normally im not into buying a guitar that looks like **** from the get go, but play one and you cant argue with the sound, really really amazing.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 12, 2009,
why wouldn't you just buy a mexican strat and put american pots and pickups in it? 450 for the strat, 200 (loose estimate) for the pickups and pots, and there you have it a $650 american/mexican strat.

which apparently you can beat the **** out of and then sell for $925.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
The thing you dont get is that there MIA parts just assembled in mexico like the SRV Strat.
i havent played one, but they look cool lol parts aside. if a guitar is good then a guitar is good. period.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by THEKID546

From what i now i got a buddy who knows one of the main guys at fender in this Project and from what he tells me there baisicly MIA parts, and there baisicly just bolting the necks on them in Mexico.

Normally im not into buying a guitar that looks like **** from the get go, but play one and you cant argue with the sound, really really amazing.

Lawl, try a Classic 50s Strat, or a Classic Player 50s Strat. Both excellent guitars killing MiAs way out of their price league. Same for the Jimmie Vaughan custom strat.
Quote by THEKID546

They have the right to loball. American labor is more expensive than mexican labor. People have given several other reasons why they are a ripoff. Even if everything is like you say, the resale value is crap, and you can sell and MIA for close to new price, depending on the condition.

Nobody is saying they suck as guitars, just the value isn't that great.

The way you are pluggin them is kinda spammy.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^You know, the MIA factory still has a bunch of Mexicans assembling the guitars. Mexicans in Mexico....Mexicans in America...who gives a crap?

yea, but on the same note, there is a definite quality difference between MIA and MIM. granted, there are some amazing MIM's out there, especially for the price, but i know for a fact that my MIA deluxe is infinitely better than any of the MIM's ive played. and yes, they were all setup correctly.

also on the same note, like i said, though, a great guitar is a great guitar no matter who made it.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by THEKID546
The thing you dont get is that there MIA parts just assembled in mexico like the SRV Strat.

According to your friend, who heard it from his friend, who works at Fender.

Sounds like a super reliable source of information!
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yea, when we're talking about some of the really expensive MIA's...but I too, think that MIM's are fantastic guitars, especially for the price. Definitely a better value, IMO..

Yah you just have to find a good one.

Same thing with Epiphones, you just need to find one thats heavy with a good set up action and your set.

I just went to a Carvin outlet store and i got to say they make the best guitars for the money, even there lo enders the ones that go for 600-700 all made in the USA.
aint it weird how low cost they are for what they offer AAAA quileted tops, top notch tunners, custom PUPs and hardware for what the price of a lo ennd Studio Gibson

I looked at these and wondered why the hell would i ever plan on buying a Mainstream Fender or a Gibson.

In comparison Gibson and Fender are really robbing you.

There amps to are some of the nicest amps ive played and wow the prices are awesome.

V16 tube driven reverb, with poplar cab, and there stock speakers were damn good and 5watt switchable button for 400 bucks flat, beat the **** out of a V18 or a BJ or a AC15 and the best this is there made in America.

Not that fender, gibson, marshall, vox make bunk guitars or amps there just way overpriced, and carvin products just make great stuff, just as good if not better for a lower price, it just amazes me.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 14, 2009,
i havent
Ivan!

Proghead+Metalhead= ME

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

URL=http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ar gentina
Quote by forsaknazrael
^You know, the MIA factory still has a bunch of Mexicans assembling the guitars. Mexicans in Mexico....Mexicans in America...who gives a crap?

Serius **** man.

Listen my dad knows two people who assemble guitars for fenders and he used to give them a ride to work, this was back in the early 90's and 80's when they still made them here in the orange county area.

And from what he said mostly all the workers were mexicans, all of them, cheap labor i guese.

its funny how the guitars arent even made by Americans and there called MIA strats, if anything the only americans doing the work at the Fender place where just blue hats looking over the immigrants.

Whats makes anyone think they cant do the same as a MIA guitar with the same MIA parts and the same oversight, the only draw back being its made in mexico 30 miles away from the border, its just ridiculous.

I actually liked the MIM relic more than the MIA non relic counter part thats in the same price range.

They just sounded so bomb.

I understand regular MIM's, but these are MIM's with MIA wood hardware pups everything MIA, just assembled in Mejico.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 14, 2009,
like i said before troughout the thread there only overpriced cause there MIA assembled in mexico.
Quote by THEKID546
like i said before troughout the thread there only overpriced cause there MIA assembled in mexico.

Haven't you been saying that they aren't overpriced? That the only difference is the mexican assembly.

In some alternate universe where mexican labor is the same price as american labor, what you say would be true, if your friend of a friend of a friend's cousin is right.

Plus, the whole bridge block/trem on the new strats kicks the crap out of the old ones. Not to mention the coolest guitar case I've ever seen instead of a crummy gig bag. Even if they play as good as a US strat, it's not worth it.
Last edited by MAYNARD at Jan 14, 2009,
"blah blah blah...they took our jooooobbbbs!!!!"

whatever...I stand behind the mexican fenders because I've found more than enough quality guitars to justify their presence in the market. The Americans are awesome as well, but for certain models/options, the mexican is the best route for the money.

That said, I have had a chance to really dig through the new MIM 60's RW and I stand behind it. I couldn't be happier that this product exists, and I feel it's right for the price. Load it with some Fralins and the whole show starts baking at the right temperature.
Quote by MAYNARD
Haven't you been saying that they aren't overpriced? That the only difference is the mexican assembly.

In some alternate universe where mexican labor is the same price as american labor, what you say would be true, if your friend of a friend of a friend's cousin is right.

Plus, the whole bridge block/trem on the new strats kicks the crap out of the old ones. Not to mention the coolest guitar case I've ever seen instead of a crummy gig bag. Even if they play as good as a US strat, it's not worth it.

What are you trying to say with the whole labor statement.

My opinion is, if they use the same quality parts as the MIA same oversight and technique then its all good.

You could really tell these strats apart from there other regular MIM brethren.

By the way he told me the First "MIM" relic strats were actually assembled in Corona because they didnt have the whole process down in Mexico yet.
Quote by THEKID546
What are you trying to say with the whole labor statement.

My opinion is, if they use the same quality parts as the MIA same oversight and technique then its all good.

You could really tell these strats apart from there other regular MIM brethren.

By the way he told me the First "MIM" relic strats were actually assembled in Corona because they didnt have the whole process down in Mexico yet.

I'm saying that labor in mexico is cheaper than labor in the US. Since you are implying it, it has nothing to do with the fact that mexicans are building the guitars. It has to do with the fact that the guitars are assembled in Mexico, where labor is a fraction of what it is in the US.

That opinion is wrong. American companies send those jobs overseas, b/c the labor is cheaper. Fender is only gouging people by charging that much money.

I'm not commenting on the quality, just the price.

The mim tag will kill the resale/trade in value.

If prices were set only by the quality, then the price is fair, but it's not.
very true statemen.

But personally i could give a damn about resale value.

like some guy said, a good guitar is good guitar, period.

you shouldnt let the resale value turn you away to buying and otherwise fantastic guitar.
Quote by THEKID546
very true statemen.

But personally i could give a damn about resale value.

like some guy said, a good guitar is good guitar, period.

you shouldnt let the resale value turn you away to buying and otherwise fantastic guitar.

A good guitar is a good guitar, but the price could be a little cheaper, imo. $950 for one seems steep, when you could pay $50 more, get an MIA strat, and a super nice hard shell case.

I agree to a point that a good guitar is worth whatever needs to be paid, but in this economy, it wouldn't be the wisest decision to buy one.
Only the necks on those are made in the US. The rest is Mexican, which accounts for the wide variety of pickup routes lying under the guard on guitars made there, even ones made in the same month.
wait, are they made in mexico?
for some reason i thought they were american made. i cant find a pic close up enough on the headstock, but from the ones i see they look like americans. ive never seen one in person. does anyone have a link that actually says where they are made?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I will say, that there are some other cool features.....esp the 50s strat, which has a soft v neck. The next guitar with a soft v neck in the Fender lineup is the $1700 Clapton signature.....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge