Anyone have a new Vox VT 30 or any other Vox amp that may be having the same problem? The amp sounds fine til you plug in a set of headphones, then the volume is very low. I can turn the volume, master, the volume on the back of the amp and my guitar volume all the way up and it just doesn't get loud. You can hear it well enough but It would be nice if it was louder. I have checked the headphones with a little fender 15W frontman we have and they get plenty loud with it. Is this just a Vox standard. I asked on their forum but haven't gotten a reply from a Vox guy yet. Thanks.
when you plug headphones the speaker is supposed to be muted.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
New headphones, perhaps?
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
My VT30 will arrive on Wednesday so I'm interested in this topic as well.
Not sure what your definition of loud is or maybe this amp limits the volume on headphone out to protect you hearings?
Quote by jon12315
My VT30 will arrive on Wednesday so I'm interested in this topic as well.
Not sure what your definition of loud is or maybe this amp limits the volume on headphone out to protect you hearings?

That would seem to be the case. The headphones, although inexpensive, are brand new and work just fine in our other amps. Not sure I like this feature if indeed that is what it is. I'll have to see if I can find anyone else on the internet posting about this issue.
I was practicing tonight and just happened to have a set of cheap earbuds laying in front of me so I plugged 'em in. I thought it was plenty loud, enough that I'd consider it potentially damaging over time on the higher gain models. If you were standing next to me, I wouldn't be able to hear you talking.

I don't know if it's really a feature, I believe the headphone jack is immediately before the valve reactor circuit in the signal path, which would also explain the fact that the power attenuator has no effect at all on headphone volume. Most likely they wanted to add the feature and picked the most logical point to do so. I don't think that pumping 30W into a set of headphones would be too good for you.
My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
True..true. Just seemed like it should be a little louder. Mine seemed almost a little muffled if you know what I mean. Could be that I have been listening to loud music for far too long and already have some hearing loss. I'll have to try it again when I get a chance tommorrow and see how much is me and how much is the amp. And I don't see anything I like better in the price range so I probably won't trade it.
Last edited by brooksman9 at Jan 13, 2009,
OK, tried it again today. It is loud enough but it still could be louder. So far this is the only thing I have found that I dislike about this amp. Great for practicing in the upstairs playroom. When it gets warmer I am going to take it outside and see jusat how loud I can get this thing.
I know this is an old post, but i looked it up, so others will too.
Same problem. Headphones are almost rediculously quiet. On the bright side, with the power setting knob on the back you can turn it low enough heaphones are pretty well pointless. (played @ 1am in my apartment.)