Sorry i don't know all the proper terms and whatnot, im kind of new at this. I went to plug in my guitar, when i noticed that the octangular brass thing thats screwed onto the jack was missing, so the jack was not secured in place, it was kind of dangling inside the guitar. This happened before, but i had the brass thing and was able to screw it back on, but now i can't find it. It is an Epiphone Les Paul Special II [http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=21&CollectionID=6] and it would be pretty cool if somebody could tell me where to buy a replacement one of those things, or how to fix it. thanks
Its called a bolt and you can find it at any local hardware store.
In response to my admission of Virginity:
Quote by RPGoof
We're all virgins here, don't worry.
I have the exact same guitar and the same thing happened to me. Im still not able to find a place to fix it but my uncle took it with him cuz he knows a place where I can fix it.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by thedarkest5432

Well thats different. I have a loose plug in jack
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Any guitar store should have a new one. It's called a nut. You'll also need a new washer. On that Epi, make sure you remove the jack cover when installing the new nut. The jack cover has 4 screws on it. Remove them and pull the jack out of the guitar. Put it back in the cover and install the new nut and washer. Use a proper socket wrench to tighten it down, but don't over do it and strip it out. Once it's tight, reinstall the jack cover with its screws and you're done.
Quote by thedarkest5432

You're mighty close. It's not a bolt. It's a nut. And he also needs the washer.
like said, just make sure you hold it from inside and outside.
and if you can, buy a locking nut.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011