I was told by a friend (and it's possible I misunderstood) that only certain effects pedals made by Line 6 work with my Spider III (30 watt if that matters). Is this true, and if so, which ones do?

I already have an FBV Express footswitch, FYI.
any effects pedal will work, but for a FOOTSWITCH to switch effects on the amp's effect's loop must be made by line 6.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
i don't think so. maybe if you go through the foot pedal jack

EDIT: damn it, too slow
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Nah, all pedals will work. I do believe that they have special ones though with a special input on the amp.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
i dunno why you would buy pedals when it has all the effects built in already... i've tried distortion pedals with one but they don't sound very good coming thru the amp. just get the 100 dollar one that switches the channels.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
i dunno why you would buy pedals when it has all the effects built in already... i've tried distortion pedals with one but they don't sound very good coming thru the amp. just get the 100 dollar one that switches the channels.

Like I said, I already bought the FBV Express, but unfortunately most of the built-in effects suck hard.
Quote by SPBY

Why would you need a distortion pedal with the Line 6 when it already has a bunch of distortion built in?

Though, I use a digitech GNX4 with my Line 6 Spider III for effects such as phaser, chorus, getting glassy cleans, and wah and whammy amongst other pedal triggered effects.

The wah and whammy work fantastic with the line 6 I think.
yeah that is because the amp is weak. You want good tone you need power tubes
i enjoy head
Quote by Jazzcore23
yeah that is because the amp is weak. You want good tone you need power tubes

I'm fifteen and working on a budget. I didn't ask for advice on buying an amp in this topic.
There arent special line 6 FX pedals that only work with their amps. Doesnt mean external FX will sound all that much better than the on board ones will.