Who finds the majority of guitar shop employees to be fairly pissed off & bitter most of the time?

Im not saying everyone who works in a guitar shop is a wanker, but I think a large percentage seem to have a short fuze and an attitude problem. I guess they would have to put up with kids playing annoying riffs on guitars all day, asking stupid questions and never buying them.

What do you lot think?
Actually all the guys I've talked to at GC have been really helpful and have been happy to answer all my stupid questions.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
The local GC employees are all pretty chill and nice. They like giving me opinions and suggestions and listen to what i'm looking for. I don't think i've ever had a marshall MG, fender frontman, or line 6 spider 3 suggested to me, and i go in GC more to try stuff than to buy.
I've never met a "pissed-off" GC employee.

It seems like TS just got pushed into buying an MG. Is the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE to good for your blood?
there is no quote in this box
Kill em all8, i totally agree... theres this music shop by me that when i go in their on a couch watching tv and saying the most racist things about every black person on....i dont go there anymore. and at sam ash, all the guys seem to want to kill themselves like its torture to be surrounded by all that cool music equipment.

however i must say that guitar center has been the nicest and most helpful
^ I met one of the greatest employees at a Sam Ash.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
I always go local when shopping for musical equipment because I have known the staff for a good 4 years and I can just go in and play anything I want which is very lucky for some punk ass 16 year old kid like myself.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
I have a favourite guitar shop in Glasgow (Merchant city music for the locals) and the guys in there have always been awesome, no pretention, if they know the answer they'll tell you, if they don't they'll tell you where you can go to get it.
the employees at my gc are usually nice and they help out alot.

now the SHOPPERS
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
funny this thread got started....most of the employees at the local guitar shop i go to seem like there super stoned all the time. hahaha
well I guess its a good thing most people so far have good things to say. . . .

I just find there are many mind games in guitar shops (i have been experiencing this for years in many shops in australia), compared to other music shops I buy from such as Piano retailers and PA shops where its alot more professional. There is one guitar shop that is good, but the rest are sucking lemons, its hilarious to see.

Its just i strange observation ive made, but its obviously just an Adelaide thing (small city).
If you had to sit in a guitar shop all day with a bunch of kids, playing loudly with the highest gain and most distorted sounds possible on Crazy Train and Smoke on the Water, every day, Im sure you would be a Mr Grumpypants too.
Most of them have been helpful to me
except this one guy when I went to buy an amp
He legit wouldn't "help" me

So I went to his manager and asked for help
We made the sale right in front of the doucher
"So, anything else?"
"No, but I was disappointed that I had to wait for so long"
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Ghost of Sparta
If you had to sit in a guitar shop all day with a bunch of kids, playing loudly with the highest gain and most distorted sounds possible on Crazy Train and Smoke on the Water, every day, Im sure you would be a Mr Grumpypants too.

yeah exactly as I said at the start of the thread! But when your 28 years old and have been playing for many years, i shouldnt have to put up with these mind games, especially when I have money to spend.....
sometimes they are if your one of those losers without any money who comes in and wastes their time.
Quote by lordofthefood1
Most of them have been helpful to me
except this one guy when I went to buy an amp
He legit wouldn't "help" me

So I went to his manager and asked for help
We made the sale right in front of the doucher
"So, anything else?"
"No, but I was disappointed that I had to wait for so long"

yeah that sounds familiar, that blank stare they give you. What a douche bag.
The guys at my local shop are pretty cool. Yeah, they don't like it when people just come into play guitars and stuff. But as long as you are doing business with them, and not just messing around, they're pretty cool.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Gaboguitaro
funny this thread got started....most of the employees at the local guitar shop i go to seem like there super stoned all the time. hahaha

yeah i come across that, at least they are nice and laid back. Unlike the bitter "didnt make it" rock stars
Quote by Kill_em_all8
yeah that sounds familiar, that blank stare they give you. What a douche bag.

"So yeah, I wanna buy--"
"I'll be with you in a few minutes." *goes to back*
then he comes back from the back and avoids me

ahah
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Buddy. He is the angriest, most annoying employee at GC i've ever seen. He always come up to me and my friend and I and tells us in a grumpy voice, like he's trying to keep from screaming, "Can I... HELP you boys with anything? No? Well you better not forget to put the price tag back in the strings when you're done.". I promise I don't sit there all day playing cliche riffs. Now I'm not gonna say we don't go in there and sit down and just play guitars, but we don't bother any one. Sure my friend isn't a great guitarist, and sure he plays annoying riffs loudly, but we're in the acoustic room so we don't bother any one. And when some one does come in, we stop playing if they're actually interested in a guitar. He thinks we have to buy a guitar every time we come in. He doesn't realize that we may be looking for a guitar to get for a birthday or something. Well, guess what Buddy? When a birthday or Christmas swings around, I'll be sure not to get help from you. No sir, you are not getting commission off of my purchase. **** you, Buddy. **** you.

...but other than that, the other guys are great!

ahahaha SaintsofNowhere, keep it up. Thats one for us. Next time go in and plug into beefy amp say 5150, crank up the gain and strum a big powercord followed by some shredding.... then when the guy comes bursting in do some windmills while he is going ape..... film it and put on youtube.

do it.
I've found most of them to be friendly and helpful, the only problem I've had with them was that they're lacking in knowledge at times. I went in to try out a vox v847 wah, and I guess the guy didn't play guitar....or at least not electric. It was quite the struggle setting up the pedal, but I didn't really mind because he was a nice guy and we were just laughing it off.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I actually had a conversation with a GC employee a few days ago about his job, while we were waiting for his lazy ass boss to come approve a price change. Apparently, working at a guitar store really sucks. It's like working a normal retail store, only ten times worse, and the last thing you get to do is play an instrument. If I had to work that job, I'd be bitter and rude too.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Pac_man0123
The local GC employees are all pretty chill and nice. They like giving me opinions and suggestions and listen to what i'm looking for. I don't think i've ever had a marshall MG, fender frontman, or line 6 spider 3 suggested to me, and i go in GC more to try stuff than to buy.

Am I the only one who likes Fender Frontman amps?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Am I the only one who likes Fender Frontman amps?

yes
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..