I tried the searchbar, and it turned up with nothing that could help me.

So my brother has a Behringer GMX212, and as many of you probably know, it has a plastic input jack. He's had it for a while, a couple years, with no problems. I was reading that the jack sucked and broke easily, and I didn't believe it because his never had a problem.

Anyway, about 10 or so months ago, when I first started playing, the guitar cable I was using stopped working (the one that comes with the guitar). I pulled his out of his amp and used it until he got home, and one day, I tried to plug it in, and the nut and washer came off and because I pushing it, the jack got shoved in the amp.

He was gone for the week so I dragged it out of his room to fix it. Of course, I have no clue what I'm doing, and I'm too poor to have a tech fix it, but I tried anyway. I managed to get the jack back out and screwed the nut and washer back on it. it worked perfectly fine after that. So I put it in his room again and he came home and said it didn't work. So when he was at work I tried it and he was lying, it worked fine.

Now I looked at it a month or two ago and the jack was shoved back in, by him on accident, but know the threading on the jack is stripped. I haven't fixed it yet, because I don't think it will help anymore than it did the first time. He says he knows how to fix it, but hasn't bothered, and because it's "my fault", I can't buy a new amp until that ones fixed. I'm running through his Peavey Rage 158, and want a Vyper, which is more expensive than his 212.

My question is: if I get a new input jack for it (say at Radioshack or something), how do I install it ? Like I said, the searchbar didn't help me. If somebody has a link that would show how, that would be great.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10