Page 4 of 76
Quote by soulflyV
Could have been a live solo, he almost never played anything the same as on the record.

I don't listen to much of their stuff live, I'm 100% sure that it's on my Itunes.
Quote by Minkaro
Then go on a Guns N Roses marathon

I've had GnR running non stop for 4 hours now.
I listen to it passivley though so I won't notice when the solo comes anyhow...
Okay, so some people say Chinese Democracy is a flop, when it has sold almost two million copies in less than two months...

It has already sold more than Appetite For Destruction did in ONE year.

Of course ChiDem will never reach the total sales of AFD, but I just like to say this to shut haters up.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I don't know exact numbers but it is bound to cross the two million mark any time now.

And AFD was the debut album so you can't really compare the two, but two million with almost no promotion is freaking fantastic no matter how you view things.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
I don't know exact numbers but it is bound to cross the two million mark any time now.

And AFD was the debut album so you can't really compare the two, but two million with almost no promotion is freaking fantastic no matter how you view things.

Almost no promotion.. I guess 13 years in the making didnt catch anyones attention? That Dr. Pepper thing too, I bet none of you heard about that.
Quote by Hakanku

They all make me sick^^

Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you?
Quote by EqUiLaTeRaL
Almost no promotion.. I guess 13 years in the making didnt catch anyones attention? That Dr. Pepper thing too, I bet none of you heard about that.

What are you on about?
Quote by _Lewis

What are you on about?

He's being sarcastic I think. But Equilateral, the Dr Pepper promotion and 13 years in the making does not mean it had sufficient enough promotion. I rarely heard anything about it on the radio or TV (Saw an advert for it twice). No interviews, or performances near the release date, nothing.
Quote by _Lewis

What are you on about?

Yeah i agree... I so hope this guy isn't for real....

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Promotion as in interviews, music videos, etc.

Look at Walmarts work for AC/DC. Best Buy didn't even come close to that, regardless of Axl's involvment.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Lawl that's my covers!

Cool. Didn't see it before. And I just registered on that forum before coming here.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jan 19, 2009,
Lawl, I got to hear those covers before they were on youtube and became famous. I'm like the world's biggest prat of a fan. "I liked it before it was cool!"
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Lawl, I got to hear those covers before they were on youtube and became famous. I'm like the world's biggest prat of a fan. "I liked it before it was cool!"

Get on MSN bastard.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by AdamDK
He's being sarcastic I think. But Equilateral, the Dr Pepper promotion and 13 years in the making does not mean it had sufficient enough promotion. I rarely heard anything about it on the radio or TV (Saw an advert for it twice). No interviews, or performances near the release date, nothing.

So was I
I'm sorry for changing the topic here but has anyone seen the live cover that Guns N' Roses did of Wild Horses? Best **** I've ever seen. And theres a little guitar duel between Slash and Izzy in the beggining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZC6YbNLTno

EDIT: It's not Izzy, It's Gilby Clarke, or however you spell it.
I LOVE GUNS N' ROSES.
Last edited by scearus at Jan 19, 2009,
Kind of off topic, but has anyone heard Vengence Is Mine, by Alice Cooper? Slash played guest guitar on it and it is some insane use of the wah pedal.
Didn't hear the song, but I believe you about the insane wah pedal part. Slash didn't use many effects, but he was insane with a wah!!!

I wish I was alive in the 80s, and old enough to go their show at the Ritz in 88. But no, I am stuck in the past.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
^^Really? Cool. Does anyone have any info on Slash's album?
If this is off topic or somethin, then just tell me.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by patbuck2
Kind of off topic, but has anyone heard Vengence Is Mine, by Alice Cooper? Slash played guest guitar on it and it is some insane use of the wah pedal.

Yeah that's a pretty cool track, sounded good when I saw it live too! not with Slash of course though.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Being a GNR fan is sometimes like being married to a wifebeater (let's assume we're all female for a second). We're being punched and kicked but we still love him no matter what.

You know whats ace? You could be mine. the intro is so bad ass and the lyrics are great, im especially fond of the line 'You can push it for more milage, but your flaps are wearing thin'

Chorus is great too
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Lars did have to sign forms for the Better vid.. but he did that, but now where the **** is my vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McouKgDv1hE

starts talking about 'better' music vid at 4:30. lars says theyre using backstage footage of him.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Being a GNR fan is sometimes like being married to a wifebeater (let's assume we're all female for a second). We're being punched and kicked but we still love him no matter what.

Izzy Stradlin is the only GNR member (of the AFD lineup) that has a high school diploma.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
Izzy Stradlin is the only GNR member (of the AFD lineup) that has a high school diploma.

I heard that, Buckethead probably has a Phd in something weird.
Quote by wesselbindt
Then you should try dangerfapping. It involves fapping till ur halfway there, and then calling ur mom or dad to your room, and than try to cum before he/she enters your room. It's an incredible rush.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Tommy Lee tried going to college.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Not every rockstar is like Brian May, doctor in astrophysics.

Oh how I wish Brian had still been on Catcher In The Rye...
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by _Lewis
Tommy Lee is in GN'R ?

Wouldn't be surprising to me. You never know who's in GN'R. What was it 2 weeks ago Wikipedia told me that Frusciante was in GNR. BTW people should pick up Frusciantes album that came out today. it's really really good!
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Jayok
Wouldn't be surprising to me. You never know who's in GN'R. What was it 2 weeks ago Wikipedia told me that Frusciante was in GNR. BTW people should pick up Frusciantes album that came out today. it's really really good!

Really? No wonder all these rumours are flying around.

There was one posted earlier today saying that Axl is releasing "The Spaghetti Incident? Volume Two" with left over sessions from the first one and he's doing this because of the commercial success of Chinese Democracy. I just had to laugh because they said that he had posted this on MyGNRForum I think it was.
Quote by _Lewis

Really? No wonder all these rumours are flying around.

There was one posted earlier today saying that Axl is releasing "The Spaghetti Incident? Volume Two" with left over sessions from the first one and he's doing this because of the commercial success of Chinese Democracy. I just had to laugh because they said that he had posted this on MyGNRForum I think it was.

haha that's ****in Great! I didn't see that when i was on there today, that's real funny though. I don't think "Dexter" has been on any forums lately though. otherwise we woulda all heard

EDIT: Haha just went and checked it out! F'n great! Hope that Slash has a speedy recovery from that snake bite!

GNR releasing The Spaghetti Incident Volume Two as Itunes Only
Following the lower than expected sales of the new Guns N Roses album, Chinese Democracy, GNR front man Axl Rose announced on the MyGNRForum.comwebsi te that he would be releasing The Spaghetti Incident? Volume Two as an itunes only release. The album will feature tracks leftover from the original The Spaghetti Incident? sessions and a new cover of the Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams'.

Axl stated "I've realised that only the die hard fans have bought Chinese Democracy out of respect for my abundant talents as a producer. The release of The Spaghetti Incident? Volume Two is a signal to to the broader fan base that I'm heading back to what made Guns N Roses famous in the first place - namely covers of bands that were popular in the 1980s. With respect to the Eurythmics song 'Sweet Dreams' , I figure if it worked for Marilyn Manson it should work for me. My braids are just as scary as him, if not more."

Other tracks on the album include the little known Gilby Clarke acoustic version of Duran Duran's 'Rio' and an alt rock version of Warrant's Cheery Pie. No Charles Manson songs are to be included this time round with Axl saying his intentions were pure last time but that he was like Pink and simply "Mizzunderstood"

Former Guns and Roses member Izzy Straddlin is said to be unconcerned that he does not appear on any on the songs despite his long term committment to the band. "If Axl wants to play covers again, that's cool with me, I'm just going to tour my solo album in France and then maybe hit the studio with Axl in the fall."

Slash could not be reached for comment after apparently suffering a bizzare trouser snake accident while holdiday in Tahiti.

Reuters.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Last edited by Jayok at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by Jayok

Other tracks on the album include the little known Gilby Clarke acoustic version of Duran Duran's 'Rio' and an alt rock version of Warrant's Cheery Pie. No Charles Manson songs are to be included this time round with Axl saying his intentions were pure last time but that he was like Pink and simply "Mizzunderstood

Lololololololololololol Prostitute reference.

Maybe this is a sign from the powers that be, demanding more GNR puns?

On second thought no. never again.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08

Yeah would be cool if they toured together again. But as Lars said it would have to be under the right circumstances
Quote by Demon Wolf

This is interesting (not but the lack of news makes this worth posting)

My cover of Catcher In The Rye... well, I sent the instrumental to another guy and he did a cover of my cover with an "Axl Rose" voice.

Mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=related

His: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/267956_l7r4r/trumsolon%20cover%20Catcher%20In%20The%20Rye%20fakerose1.mp3
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Quote by Demon Wolf
This is interesting (not but the lack of news makes this worth posting)

My cover of Catcher In The Rye... well, I sent the instrumental to another guy and he did a cover of my cover with an "Axl Rose" voice.

Mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=related

His: http://www.upload-mp3.com/files/267956_l7r4r/trumsolon%20cover%20Catcher%20In%20The%20Rye%20fakerose1.mp3

Hmmmm, meh. I'd say your vocals are better. The other one seems too put on. Yours are cool cos they're unusual covers where as it seemed like a bad attept at a cover with the other guy...

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

^ I liked your version the first time I like it. I like it more without the Axl vocals on there it sounds a bit weird.. like his voice his also clipping at some points as well
Quote by Demon Wolf

I just think it goes to show that there's only one Axl. You can't really cover a GNR song and try to do it exactly like Axl, because nobody can do it like him.
Quote by Ichikurosaki