Me neither.

It's doing my head in.
I couldn't sleep last night either. Only got to sleep at 7am and had to wake up at about 11 and then was absolutely shattered for my exam at 2. Pretty sure I was on the verge of failing it, if I haven't.

I was getting into a pretty dodgy sleeping pattern last week, before I got back to uni. I started lying in till around 2pm and then that night I couldn't sleep till about 4am.

Looks like now I'm struggling to get out of this pattern, which isn't good during the exam period.

Thought I'd be able to sleep fine tonight having got so little last night, but its not happening. I feel tired, but restless at the same time.

Anyone have any tricks to help them get to sleep when they're struggling?
Same thing when i went back last week. try goin to sleep early. eventually ur sleep patterns will go back to normal.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
you might just have to tough it out and stay up from say 2 pm on a tuesday to 9 pm on the wedensday then get up at 8 or so on the thursday... that should do the trick if you can understand what i said also cut out any unnecessary caffiene
Quote by guitar4life24
Same thing when i went back last week. try goin to sleep early. eventually ur sleep patterns will go back to normal.

That's what I was hoping to do. Went to bed a little earlier tonight, about 12.50, but here I am. Sleepless.

I'm still gona have my alarm set for around 10.30 in the morning so hopefully I will be alright to sleep at a reasonable time tomorrow night. Or I'll have a few beers to help. (Slow road to alcaholism?)
Quote by guitar567
you might just have to tough it out and stay up from say 2 pm on a tuesday to 9 pm on the wedensday then get up at 8 or so on the thursday... that should do the trick if you can understand what i said also cut out any unnecessary caffiene

I have been drinking more tea recently. Forgot to mention that in the first post.

Only had one brew since like 1pm though.
fa.............awwww damnit
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by adyhendrixc
I have been drinking more tea recently. Forgot to mention that in the first post.

Only had one brew since like 1pm though.

Yeah, tea helped me when I had the same problem in uni. It got to where i was sleeping from 8 am to 9 at night. Try some sleeping pills or something.
chronic candy should help
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
I've got the same problem, only I've had it for a really long time.

I usually try to go to bed around 10pm and I just lay in my bed for 2-4 hours until I know I'm not going to fall to sleep, so I'll get up and mess around online until I feel like I can actually sleep.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
it sucks but it works.

pull an all nighter with a few things of espresso, then you'll have no problem falling asleep the next night, and you will have done a ton of studying since you aint sleeping.
It's just end of the semester stress. I have it too. (why am I on a forum then?)
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by Salute to Jaco
It's just end of the semester stress. I have it too. (why am I on a forum then?)

stress relief.

me too. at 3:50 in the morning
You can listen to the album Somnia. It's suppost to be 7 hours of what you hear when your sleeping. But It's not. This was a pretty dumb post.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
THIS!!!!

These are called Binaural Beats and they make your brain go into a state of mind similar or equal to when you're about to fall asleep. I have used this several times and it works all the time. It's kind of crazy and I didn't think it would do anything to me but I was wrong, this stuff gets your head feeling weird but relaxed. The first time I almost fell asleep right on my computer screen....well it's not like it hypnotizes you and take you to sleepy land right away but it does set your mind into that state of sleep. Try it but remember that it only works with headphones so, sit back relax and listen to it. Trust me it will relax your brain and help you fall asleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAj7ogsMy6k&feature=PlayList&p=0D66B0EFC99062DE&index=2&fmt=18
I have this problem from time to time as well.

I either pull an all-nighter, or set my alarm really early the following morning, meaning you get hardly any sleep. This means you'll be tired the next evening at a reasonable time, enabling you to get back into a sensible sleeping pattern.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by TrasherFromHell
THIS!!!!

These are called Binaural Beats and they make your brain go into a state of mind similar or equal to when you're about to fall asleep. I have used this several times and it works all the time. It's kind of crazy and I didn't think it would do anything to me but I was wrong, this stuff gets your head feeling weird but relaxed. The first time I almost fell asleep right on my computer screen....well it's not like it hypnotizes you and take you to sleepy land right away but it does set your mind into that state of sleep. Try it but remember that it only works with headphones so, sit back relax and listen to it. Trust me it will relax your brain and help you fall asleep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAj7ogsMy6k&feature=PlayList&p=0D66B0EFC99062DE&index=2&fmt=18

That is bloody relaxing. I'll go to bed now hopefully it's relaxed me enough.
Quote by TrasherFromHell
THIS!!!!

couldn't you theoretically never wake up if you were to put that on a loop?

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by adyhendrixc
Me neither.

It's doing my head in.
I couldn't sleep last night either. Only got to sleep at 7am and had to wake up at about 11 and then was absolutely shattered for my exam at 2. Pretty sure I was on the verge of failing it, if I haven't.

I was getting into a pretty dodgy sleeping pattern last week, before I got back to uni. I started lying in till around 2pm and then that night I couldn't sleep till about 4am.

Looks like now I'm struggling to get out of this pattern, which isn't good during the exam period.

Thought I'd be able to sleep fine tonight having got so little last night, but its not happening. I feel tired, but restless at the same time.

Anyone have any tricks to help them get to sleep when they're struggling?

i know how u feel...im in the navy and i usually have to go to bed early and get up early. I'll lay in bed for like 2 hours trying to sleep and failing. Inevitably i wake up the next morning with only a good 4-5 hours sleep and feeling like i got ran over by a semi truck. Maybe u should just stay up all night 1 night and then sleep when u get home from school.
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty