Are there any bands that are similar to Between the Buried and Me ???
I love the so focking much
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
hum.....way way way way different
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
I think the closest bands I can think of right now are Protest the Hero and Sikth but neither of those really sound the same...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by /-Vince-\
Are there any bands that are similar to Between the Buried and Me ???
I love the so focking much

Burst
Different, but still progcore lol i call it
No. They're so ridiculously unique and amazing that Protest the Hero is as close as you're going to get.
WHOALASKA!! WHOALASKAAAA!!!
opeth, cynic, glass casket, sikth, the human abstract (first album). there are no bands "like" btbam but you should like some of those bands.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Jan 20, 2009,
Check out A Hero A Fake. They're a very new band - I believe their first album out was in October 2008. They sound like BTBAM/TDWP mixed. The intro to "Superwoman" sounds a lot like something BTBAM would write.
i dont understand why this is in 80s rock,shred and prog, while theres a thread in both metal AND hardcore
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I've heard people describe them like Dream Theatre.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I really wish there were more answers to a thread like this, because there's really no band that writes like btbam does. I read in alternative press in their "if you like, you'll like:" section that the band A Hero A Fake is like btbam.

I checked them out and the music itself is actually pretty damn good and definitely has some similarities to btbam but the vocals aren't even close, it really throws it off, if they were an instrumental band/low growl band I could totally back them. So yeah, check them out
and of course, protest the hero is a bit like them, the faceless to a certain extent and maybe a bit of veil of maya.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
Painted In Exile, except they have a much more death metal feel than BTBAM
Quote by Spwee1494
Burst
Different, but still progcore lol i call it

YEEEEAAAHHH, BOOYYYYYYYY! I picked up their Lazarus Bird album a couple weeks ago, kicks ass. Not that similar to BTBAM though. Better, as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, like everyone's said, they're pretty unique, but I do agree with Protest the Hero. Also, you may want to check out Scale the Summit. They're not nearly as heavy, but their clean parts sound quite a bit like BTBAM's clean parts, and they toured together in 2010.
Not really. What do you like about BTBAM so much?

Dream Theater is definitely noticeable at the root of their sound, but their absurd prog sections are almost always just thrown into a solo or something. And obviously...James Labrie has never screamed, so vocally they're much different.

Across the Sun is semi-similar to BTBAM or PTH. More of a mix of the two. Radiance is interesting, vocally they're stuck in the 80's but they play a pretty crazy variety of music in really really long tracks. The Human Abstract is...meh...Kinda somewhere in the same area. Not as good by any means, but they can be comparable. (1st and 3rd albums, anyway)

So yeah, there's plenty that can be compared to them, but they are their own, just like PTH.
Quote by Loki_37
Not really. What do you like about BTBAM so much?

Dream Theater is definitely noticeable at the root of their sound, but their absurd prog sections are almost always just thrown into a solo or something. And obviously...James Labrie has never screamed, so vocally they're much different.

Across the Sun is semi-similar to BTBAM or PTH. More of a mix of the two. Radiance is interesting, vocally they're stuck in the 80's but they play a pretty crazy variety of music in really really long tracks. The Human Abstract is...meh...Kinda somewhere in the same area. Not as good by any means, but they can be comparable. (1st and 3rd albums, anyway)

So yeah, there's plenty that can be compared to them, but they are their own, just like PTH.

either LaBrie or Portnoy have tried to harsh vocals at several points. Train of Thought and Black Clouds especially have featured various attempts at integrating harsh vocals, though both albums fail to deliver in that sense.

Also, Across the Sun is amazing. Thanks for introducing me to them.
Quote by Geldin
either LaBrie or Portnoy have tried to harsh vocals at several points. Train of Thought and Black Clouds especially have featured various attempts at integrating harsh vocals, though both albums fail to deliver in that sense.

Also, Across the Sun is amazing. Thanks for introducing me to them.

Yeah they've tried. There's also some messed up electro-screaming on a song or two, can't remember the title(s). But like you say, it generally fails. Not a terrible issue, but it should be noted if we're comparing them to BTBAM.

No problem, not nearly enough people know about them. Always glad to help spread good music.
If you want a Cynic, Btbam, and The Contorionist mix with lots of synth, I suggest a fairly newer band called Last Chance To Reason. Heres a song from their latest album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ld6h_ym2I&feature=related
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Last edited by DonGlover at Jun 18, 2011,