Les Paul (ish) single cut

archtop / not flat

String thru body

set neck

3 - 3 style head

ebony fretboard

minimal fret board dots if any

descent tuners

Passive pickups (humbuckers or coil tapped)

and can be used for daily practice and 1 or 2 gigs per month

thanks
Midskier = Midwest American Skier Boats
Barefooter = Waterskier WITHOUT Skis
www.footngear.com
A Les Paul without inlays?

There aren't standard built ones to my knowledge. Look ito signature models and such.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I think ESP/LTD is your best bet. They don't really use passive or have string-thru's.

[EDIT] ESP Custom Shop you can do all that.

I calculated it for you...at least $5000.
Last edited by TSelman at Jan 12, 2009,
Most of that sounds like a PRS singlecut.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Well, ESP could make you one for $5000, but me or any of the other experinced guitar makers in the Gear Building and Customizing forum can get it done for under $1500,

probably less than $1000.

Drop us a line, we're always open haha.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 12, 2009,
Carvin CS3 CS4 or CS6 can all be built to meet all of your exact specs plus you get an array of colors to chose from for between $1100-$2000.
Last edited by ofdwolf at Jan 12, 2009,
Sounds like an ESP. I've seen ESPs like that. In fact... I think they have some on their site currently.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Øttər
Well, ESP could make you one for $5000, but me or any of the other experinced guitar makers in the Gear Building and Customizing forum can get it done for under $1500,

probably less than $1000.

Drop us a line, we're always open haha.

That's very true. A bridge alone on my guitar I built cost $100, so having someone who enjoys it can definitely do it.

Materials may be up to $1000 probably, and then they'd probably charge a tad, not too much though.
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by travislausch

THIS EXACTLY
"We carry death out of the village!"
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Marskell
THIS EXACTLY

PRS Singlecuts aren't string-through.. they have a wrap-around tailpiece.. anyway, it's also a good option..*cheers*
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
yamaha(?) Iwould not have ever thought of them.........

I had a EC-2005, but we couldn't get the intonation perfect on it

and I didn't care for the cross bones graphic on the headstock

http://www.espguitars.com/esp2005/guitars_anniversary.htm

pups were kinda bitey

and the controls were set up perfect,

just like the several Vipers I have (had) just a little to far to reach when sitting

I'll find something sooner or later

thanks again
Midskier = Midwest American Skier Boats
Barefooter = Waterskier WITHOUT Skis
www.footngear.com
The AES920 is a good guitar - definitely better than any Ltd I have encountered. The strings don't go through the body though if I remember correctly. In fact, I can't think of any LP that would have a string-through-body construction, so I'd just forget about that if I was you...
It doesn't have an ebony board either.

Where do you live? If you're in Europe, a Framus Panthera Custom might be an option. It does not have a set neck, but it has the ebony board and is LP-ish.
Quote by travislausch

When I read the specs PRS also sprung into my mind.
Quote by deltacross
PRS Singlecuts aren't string-through.. they have a wrap-around tailpiece.. anyway, it's also a good option..*cheers*
Wraparound bridges are better for sustain and dynamic reaction than tune-o-matic and string-through anyway. The only advantage a string-through and tune-o-matic combination has is it'll be easier to get to intonate properly, but some wraparound bridges are taking steps to fix that anyway.

But yeah, PRS Singlecut seems to be what you want, OP.

Alternatively, you could consider a custom build from a local luthier or you could place an order with Warmoth if you're comfortable with basic electronics and guitar maintenance yourself. Then you can have exactly what you want except for the setneck, but frankly a good bolt-on join is better than a setneck anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Was I the only one who was hoping for a photo?

... Sorry for bringing the standard of the thread down...
Quote by MrFlibble
Wraparound bridges are better for sustain and dynamic reaction than tune-o-matic and string-through anyway. The only advantage a string-through and tune-o-matic combination has is it'll be easier to get to intonate properly, but some wraparound bridges are taking steps to fix that anyway.

But yeah, PRS Singlecut seems to be what you want, OP.

Alternatively, you could consider a custom build from a local luthier or you could place an order with Warmoth if you're comfortable with basic electronics and guitar maintenance yourself. Then you can have exactly what you want except for the setneck, but frankly a good bolt-on join is better than a setneck anyway.

yeah, although PRS also sells wrap-around tailpieces where you can intonate the strings individually.. and i think schaller also has bridges like that..

anyway, after much research, here's another guitar i found.. it's Cort.. i think they're made in korea..

Cort Z44

Cort EVL- Z6

Cort EVL- Z4

Cort Z-Custom

Cort ZMP 1
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R