Have any of you ever played your instrument in really bad weather? (like if it was really cold out or raining really hard etc...)

I had a jazz band gig once (i play saxophone) and we had to play outside while it was snowing and like -15 degrees in what these bastards like to call a heated tent. It was the opposite of fun and everybody's instruments were very flat.

share your stories.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
I'm playing my strat in my basement right now, where it's around 40-50 degrees. I can't hit notes worth a ****
Quote by irishstang_87
I'm playing my strat in my basement right now, where it's around 40-50 degrees. I can't hit notes worth a ****

Because your fingers are frozen genius.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Marijuana makes everything better. Everything.

Quote by TooFast
Yeah. Nazi's FTW.
Quote by Punk-Rockin

No ****. That was the point.
i hate playing when its freezing and my fingers freeze
its like my finger muscles forget what there suppose to do and my finger tips hurt like hell.
i was playing a gig for church. I'm not sure if you can call playing piano for the service a gig.

Anyway, it was outside with an electric keyboard, and I had to choose: gigantic puffy-coat (seinfeld reference) or just the nice-button up shirt. e.g. look nice, or be warm.

I froze. Still went alright, though.
Quote by Punk-Rockin

I can't say I've played outside, but my room can become exceptionally cold and it becomes difficult to play for obvious reasons.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I'm in my basement right now and my hands are cold enough to ache and stiffen. I'd probably play badly if I tried.
Quote by Trefellin
I'm in my basement right now and my hands are cold enough to ache and stiffen. I'd probably play badly if I tried.

Take my word for it, you will
Oddly enough, I love connecting my guitar with my 30 ft. cord to my behringer 4x12 and stepping through my window onto this flat part of my roof facing my back yard and playing. I turn my amp up to 10 and close the window as much as possible (the cord is in the way/still extremely LOUD). It's so ****ing awesome! When it's like 0-10 degrees and u have a short sleeve shirt + jeans+hat and I do this I drink around 3-4 Monster Energy drinks. Also, I feel this amazing rush b/c I am above everything. And my neighbors r old people who r deaf. Idk, just sharing for fun.

EDIT: my playing isn't affected at all...
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Last edited by Wibanez at Jan 12, 2009,