does anyone know a good book for music theory that they could recommend for me? i know a bit about music theory to get by (which isn't much), but i really want to bring my knowledge of it to a whole new level. thanx in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong forum
Right there ^
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
If you want it more guitar based there are also several books. Fretboard logic is a good one for the CAGED theory. The Dummy series for music theory isnt bad either.
Quote by Guitar Skater
i have The Everything Music Theory Book, and it all makes sense now

sweet, I have heard of this book before so now that I have more confirmation I'll check it out
Quote by ironman1478
does anyone know a good book for music theory that they could recommend for me? i know a bit about music theory to get by (which isn't much), but i really want to bring my knowledge of it to a whole new level. thanx in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong forum
So why are you learning theory? You planning to join a band? You want to start writing songs? You want to analyse songs with some high university professors?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
So why are you learning theory? You planning to join a band? You want to start writing songs? You want to analyse songs with some high university professors?

The fck? anyway i like creative guitar:cutting edge techniques by guthrie govan, its fun!
Quote by dmirtygorachyov
The fck? anyway i like creative guitar:cutting edge techniques by guthrie govan, its fun!

He's probably asking why TS wants to learn theory so he can access the level/type of book to recommend him.
TS, The Idiot's Guide To Music Theory would be a very good place to start.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

is there a certain book that really good, or best sellers?
I can't choose which one to get.

i want one thats somewhat based around guitar.