So if you've applied for Circuit City, Target, Best Buy, or a variety of other large retail chains in the United States in the past few years, you've had to use the god-awful Unicru application system. I expect there are others who hate it, so let's get bashing.
If you're not getting enough gain, you should totally just daisy-chain some solid state amps with headphone jacks together. Remember: Need gain? Use a chain!
------
Quote by Normul
You spell things like a jackass
Last edited by thelonesoldier at Jan 13, 2009,
is that one of the ones with the stupid personality test? there are places on the internet that tell you all the right answers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
is that one of the ones with the stupid personality test? there are places on the internet that tell you all the right answers.

Yeah. That's what pisses me off so much.
I applied to Circuit City, Best Buy, and Kmart (Kmart uses a similar system). It's a waste of time. Though I don't see the point in applying at Circuit City since they're closing stores.
they're so lame and annoying. like 50 of the same question.

i did get an interview with circuit city, but they never gave me a job. which is ok, because i heard it sucks working there. i knew a few people that did, and they said they didn't really like it.
The 'answers' I've seen online are just given as "this is what I think might help", not "these are absolutely the correct answers". Still, it's something to consider.

It's such an awful system. It's a process designed to trick you and make you contradict yourself. The questions are confusing, ambiguous, and poorly worded. "Do you swear?" Yes, on my own time, but never in a work situation. Do they mean ever or at work? Since it's an automated form you can't start a dialogue with an interviewer to demonstrate you aren't crazy. Then of course some of the questions are weighted, then later phrased differently to be weighted towards the opposite response, so you feel like you are giving the wrong answer no matter what you select.

On some level it's basically automated discrimination. The system probably automatically weeds out people with social/anxiety disorders based on the type of answers such people would give, and their applications are never shown to employers. Again, this removes the ability to have a direct conversation with an interviewer and give a true glimpse of one's personality. But if it's just a computer automatically sorting applications, there's certainly "no discrimination" there, nobody to blame, right? So you just get the people who are mentally and socially "perfect" for retail work, and the people who completely make up their answers. And in the end, what's gonna be the larger group, perfect people or people who have to start lying just to get a chance to have their application looked at?

I wish there were a law forbidding automated application handling and rejection based on some private company's bull**** personality test.
If you're not getting enough gain, you should totally just daisy-chain some solid state amps with headphone jacks together. Remember: Need gain? Use a chain!
------
Quote by Normul
You spell things like a jackass
Last edited by thelonesoldier at Jan 13, 2009,
Holy fuck. It brings hate to a new level with Unicru.
EDIT: Well put^
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Jan 13, 2009,
Oh, I hate those. It's insane, on the last Unicru application I filled out, they didn't even ask for references. They're going to rely more on the quiz than real life experiences....mmmkay, sounds like a great plan. Maybe I shouldn't be complaining since that place hired me. And yesterday I went in for training. There was supposed to be another person training at the same time who decided not to show up. It's horrible to know that he was given a chance at a job a lot of more capable, responsible people would be grateful to have just because he got a certain score on the test. :\

I hate the trick questions too. The one that gives me the most trouble is "Do you fake being polite?" Are they asking if I'll be cheerful on the days I don't happen to be in a good mood? Or are they asking if I'm a rude person altogether? It seems like there's no right answer and I always end up over-analyzing the questions. gah...

And then it's extremely frustrating when I go to one of these stores I've applied at and failed the application, and the people working there are just dumb. I know I could do a much better job. But I don't get a chance because I couldn't pass their stupid personality test.

btw, there was an article about these tests in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123129220146959621.html

Sorry if all that was a bit jumbled and unorganized, but I HATE UNICRU TOO!! I wish anyone looking for a retail job right now good luck.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Take this
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮