Okay, I know its hated here but its what I have, I cant change that.

But can anyone give me some good tones?

Alternative rock and Ska?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
Get a pedal, and pray it changes the tone on that thing enough to call it decent. But I've gotten used to mine now. It's ok, I don't see why it's so hated. I mean it's not great, but it's decent...

Quote by Say Ocean
I dunno. I don't have your guitar to play through it, or your ears and taste.

So why waste your time posting such a useless response?
here would be a good alternative rock:
crunch green
gain: 5-10 (depends on your preference)
high: 6-7
mids: 8
lows: 6
channel level: same as master volume level
add some delay and some reverb and your good to go.

edit: the most important thing is to just mess around and find something you like, this was more of a guideline.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

oh thank god you narrowed down your tone choice to "alternative rock". honestly.

just do it yourself...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
if your lookn for bands go to the setting thread, but yeah ^ i have one i nvr use anymore & that sounds bout rite 4 a good setting or volume-10, mid-10, bass-10, high-10 & play 4 hrs then cry yourself 2 sleep...jk but just take some time & experiment, everyone has their own definition of a good sound so find yours, or my final suggestion close eyes, turn random knobs, & enjoy
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
I like the Insane channel,

Back the Drive to about 11:00 oclock
Bass at 12:00 oclock
Mids between 11 and 1:00 o clock
Treble at 3:00

That ussually gives me a good generic Rock sound, adjust reverb as needed. Ive never had any qaulms of finding a good sound.
Quote by BallerVR35
its a metal amp
thats what its for

actually, you can get some fairly decent instrumental rock tones out of the things. i mean, decent considering that in order to get the same tones from another amp you would have to have about 300$ worth of pedals PLUS a good tube amp.

personally, i like the red metal setting with the treble cut back to about midnight with the mid's boosted and the bass set to about 1 o'clock.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by BallerVR35
its a metal amp
thats what its for

QFT. some hardcore medal kid i know came over my house with his metal guitar and cranked that thing up and just tore it up. only time i've ever heard it sound cool.

he could care less about what it sounded like, as long as it was distorted and could be heard over everyone else.
Quote by Mike!
So why waste your time posting such a useless response?

Ironic, considering yours was just about as useless.

I wouldn't call mine useless; if you read into what I said past the face value, you'd see that I was telling him to use his own ears to dial in his own gear to find a tone that he likes, rather than asking strangers who have different tastes and gear.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Get a pedal, and pray it changes the tone on that thing enough to call it decent.

No, God no, it's a modelling amp, you do not put pedals through a modelling amp other than wah and maybe an EQ.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
For a clean ska sound, or any clean in general:
use Red Clean channel-
Drive: 12 - 2 oclock
Bass: 1 oclock
Mid: 2-3 oclock
Treble: 1 oclock
might need a bit of tweaking, but that's what I use. And I actually think it sounds decent.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by Say Ocean
Ironic, considering yours was just about as useless.

I wouldn't call mine useless; if you read into what I said past the face value, you'd see that I was telling him to use his own ears to dial in his own gear to find a tone that he likes, rather than asking strangers who have different tastes and gear.

If he's asking us, don't you think he tried that already?
Blues:

Strat guitar, single coil NECK pick up
Treble,mids,gain - 5
bass-8
gain-6
crunch channel
reverb - 10

that is my blues tone

anything with gain I use my ML-2

Crunch channel plus overdrive pedal, keep the gain on the amp at 5-7 or it'll go ape ****, gain on the pedal at 10.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Jan 13, 2009,
Get an MG.
The overdrive is crushing.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Get an MG.
The overdrive is crushing.

Yes, I hear there is a button on it that makes it sound just like a tube marshall......
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 13, 2009,