I was at guitar center and i played a fender hot rod deluxe and absolutely fell in love with it. Then i went online and its really not cheaper anywhere else and i didnt want to spend $700. I was kind of setting my goal at like $500 for a tube amp. Anyways i found the Palimino V50 on musiciansfriend.com and it was $350. So is that a good amp for the price and is it comparable to the fender? cause that's what i assumed from the mediocre quality videos of them on youtube.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Palomino-V50-30w-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480989
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
If you love the HRD, go used. You easily get a used one for approx. 500$.

Tone is priceless, and if you love the amp, you won't be satisfied with anything else. If you need to go new, just save up, it will be worth it.
The Palomino's completely different, but it's still a great amp. I highly doubt you would be disappointed...

Look around for deals though! I got my HRD for $525 new (560 after tax, but still).
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I played a v50 and hated it. I had a hot rod deluxe for a while, because at the time i was really in love with that sound, and the v50 didn't give me the same thing. Just play the two, and you'll know.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
^ Thats because they run very different power amps. I own a Palomino v50 and it is a tone beast, I actually got mine from GC while they were still $350 there. It has a very nice clean channel, and the OD channel sounds more similar to a Marshall. The thing that really helps this amp put out great tones is the presence knob, adds punch to lifeless humbuckers and helps tame over bright single coils.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}