How dirty can a tiny terror get? Is it able to get there for metal?

Also can it be played around with to get something like avenged sevenfolds tone?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Not realy suited to sevenfold. Think older metallica at most. It sounds best for just classis rock in my opinion. Sevenfolds tone is much more compressed, and smoother.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
what type of cheap tube head would be good for it then?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
My Tiny Terror can do slipknot and a7x when I can crank it. Without cranking it, there is enough gain to do most of anything you want, however it wont sound good if you're used to a plethera of gain.

Yes it can do metal. It sounds a lot better cranked however.
maybe a valveking for what you are looking for
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
maybe a valveking for what you are looking for

Well if you plan on $200 of upgrades before it sounds decent, sure. VK's are ****, any ****ing amp with a goddamn speaker and tube upgrade will sound ****ing awesome.

edit: Get an Egnater Rebel over a TT. I wish I would have
Get an mxr to boost it then.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by mikeyElite
he's boosting it with an mxr in that video though.

THe boost is really just for volume/headroom. He puts it there so he can turn the amp down, therefore having a tighter sound. If he cranked the amp, it would get a lot looser.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
THe boost is really just for volume/headroom. He puts it there so he can turn the amp down, therefore having a tighter sound. If he cranked the amp, it would get a lot looser.

so the lower the volume, the tighter the sound. what if i wanted to crank it, what could i use to tighten it up ? OD ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Hey, I've been thinking about getting one of these too. How loud exactly do they get?

Can get pretty loud, depends on your perception of loud though
the TT can easily do small gigs, and can drive a full stack. But the thing is, the advantage of that is you dont have to get too loud while getting a nice OD
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Last edited by Ardie12 at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by mikeyElite
so the lower the volume, the tighter the sound. what if i wanted to crank it, what could i use to tighten it up ? OD ?

Um.. an MXR Boost? it was in the quote in the post you quoted.

Anyway, since I'm in here, I have a Question of my own: How are the cleans on a Tiny Terror? Can I get real Marshally clean tone, John Frusciante sound to be specific.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
Um.. an MXR Boost? it was in the quote in the post you quoted.

Quote by dcdossett65

my question was while cranked what could be used to tighten it, if an mxr boost is only used for volume/headroom.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Ardie12
Can get pretty loud, depends on your perception of loud though
the TT can easily do small gigs, and can drive a full stack. But the thing is, the advantage of that is you dont have to get too loud while getting a nice OD

mmm... ok, could it get up there with like a Vox 50watt combo? Or is that pushing it

I REEEEALLY like the sound of this amp, but i need it to be loud or i can't use it.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Would I need to mic the TT to gig?

If you want cleans, definately.

It can easily keep up with an unmic'd drummer, so its probably not necessary if it's a smallish gig and you're mostly using OD.

And about doing metal on it, I play metal and set the gain to 1'o clock, so theres definately enough of that. You will need an EQ pedal or an overdive to play anything other than doom metal though.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Last edited by FischmungaXTR at Jan 13, 2009,
I can get decent cleans and play over my jazz band, but i still dont have to play too loud. but it can easily fit in with a rock setting without mic'ing it. But it's not like Gutbusting loud at like 4 on a 30-40w tube amp
My Gear

Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
Quote by FischmungaXTR
If you want cleans, definately.

It can easily keep up with an unmic'd drummer, so its probably not necessary if it's a smallish gig and you're mostly using OD.

And about doing metal on it, I play metal and set the gain to 1'o clock, so theres definately enough of that. You will need an EQ pedal or an overdive to play anything other than doom metal though.

Ugh I wish i could get something besides the TT Orange-wise, but I'm broke. So there is no way to hit cleans with a drummer unless mic'd. But it could keep up with a drummer otherwise. So would you be as loud as a 75 watt solid state with this?

Clean, it can probably get about as loud as a 25w solid state, which should be ok if your drummer is playing quietly. If cleans are the main part of your sound I wouldn't recommend the TT.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
my TT is probably louder than my 30w valvetronix, and im only running it through a 1x12. I can play over a drummer and a bass without a lot of trouble bc the TT cleans up really well with just the volume knob on your guitar
My Gear

Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing