OK, I need a new amp. I've got a spider. I've been looking into Peaveys, and I really like some of their tone. I need a solid tube amp, at least over 75 watts. It needs to be under 500 or so. Maybe the Vypyr?

But... I love the tone of Orange amps even more. I know they're completely different sounding, but I have a taste for both of them. It needs the same criteria as above, but I have a problem. They don't sell Orange Amps anywhere around me. And I don't think you could ship an amp, could you??? I really need some help guys!!! Also, if you have a suggestion of a different brand amp, tell me about that too, if it has the same/similar tone of a Peavey or Orange.

I will love you if you give me a good suggestion!

I sold my peavey, and got an orange. Orange sounds so much crisper, obviously british voiced, feeld much more solid, and looks way cooler to boot. You could but a tiny terror new for around $500-550, or used for much much less. You ust have to buy a cab as well. ANother option in ths tiny terror combo, around $700 I think.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
of course you can.

PROTIP: you don't need 75 tube watts.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
only way you are going to get an orange for that is used, and yes you can ship tube amps and cabs. sounds like you are after a marshally crunch, may I suggest the Palomino v50, or maybe a Marshall clone. Gabel could help you more with the clone then I could though...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
^You couldn't actually ship a cab, could you?

Just ordered my 101 lb Orange 412 with free shipping and no tax!
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
The more I listen to Oranges, the more I like them. I think I'm leaning toward them. Ibj, I'll check out the Palomino too. Does any one have experience with the tiny terror? How loud do they get? Would I be able to gig?

The Tiny Terror can easily gig, as long as you don't need jazz cleans. They are vety good amps, highly recommended!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I need a solid tube amp, at least over 75 watts.

Do you want a solid state, or a tube amp? Orange only has the crush series as solid state amps.
Peavey has the very interesting transtube series like the Bandit (one of the finest SS amps on the planet imo) and a modeling amp: the Vypyr (no experience with). The other peavey SS amps arent much worth talking about.

BUT: if i were you, i'd get a low wattage tube amp second hand. Look for an Orange rocker 30 combo, a peavey classic 30, Marshall JCM 800 or 900, Vox AC15, Orange tiny terror, ...

Dont be fooled by the low watts, tube amps are fecking loud. A 30W tube amp is in most cases louder than a 100W SS amp.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
OK, I need a new amp. I've got a spider. I've been looking into Peaveys, and I really like some of their tone. I need a solid tube amp, at least over 75 watts. It needs to be under 500 or so. Maybe the Vypyr?

But... I love the tone of Orange amps even more. I know they're completely different sounding, but I have a taste for both of them. It needs the same criteria as above, but I have a problem. They don't sell Orange Amps anywhere around me. And I don't think you could ship an amp, could you??? I really need some help guys!!! Also, if you have a suggestion of a different brand amp, tell me about that too, if it has the same/similar tone of a Peavey or Orange.

I will love you if you give me a good suggestion!

You do NOT need 75W Tube.

Unless you're playing the Royal Albert hall and stadiums?

Srsly.

Oranges are awesome, see if you can get a Tiny Terror.