i cant seem to get the beginning riff down is there any tips out there?
play it slow and make sure you get the hammer ons and pull offs
you just gotta feel it
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
thanks.... Eric has awesome songs they are just a bitch to play sometimes though.. the hand picking for Tears in Heaven took me a while to get down too
use the acoustic version it sounds just as good
its one of my favorite songs (well on acoustic guitar it is)
i do us the acoustic for that song electric for everything else
He means the acoustic version of Layla, methinks.

Just play it slowly until you get it down, then increase the speed on your metronome.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Just in case some don't know, the famous riff in Layla was played by Duane Allman and not Clapton.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
The acoustic one is esay, needs practice only, whereas the electric one you might wanna do it very slowly first, then slowly repeating the same thi8ng over and over again, each time at a quicker pace. Don't bother training every day cause you'll get better if you train on alternate days.
my best reccomendation is keep trying and if you cant get there try something else. keep getting better and try to learn it properly in a few months time. if you just cant get it, chances are its because you simply arent good enough yet. i stress the word yet.
Quote by slidething31
Just in case some don't know, the famous riff in Layla was played by Duane Allman and not Clapton.

I'm pretty sure Duane just played slide on "Layla."