Im really interested in this amp. I was wondering if this is a good amp for playing inside the house. I mean it only is 40 watt tube amp so I would think it would be good but just want more advice. Also could I hook up my 100 watt Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head to those two speakers? Thanks.
Yes. It sounds ok at low volumes for a tube amp/line 6.

and i'm not sure about the dual rec. I don't think the speakers will be able to handle it and have the same output ratings.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
You probably will get some really biased answers here because its line 6 and its technically a spider, but i love the spider Valve series. People will tell you its a hybrid amp, well its not, its definatly a real tube amp, just line6'ified. Very versatile and good sounding.

As far as home practice goes im sure it would be fine, if it was the head thatd be a different story, the amps volume is very manageable via the controls which is nice.

And idk about the cab thing.
Quote by TheCalvinator
People will tell you its a hybrid amp, well its not, its definatly a real tube amp, just line6'ified.

I've actually really been impressed with the Spider Valves I've played through, but this statement is nothing but false. The Spider Valves ARE hybrid amps, they have a solid state (digital) preamp, with a tube power amp, the preamp tubes in it are used as a buffer for the preamp and the phase inverter for the power amp.

The 2x12 combo has 2 Celestion Vintage 30s in it, so yes, if you can hook it up to your Recto, it will handle the power and not blow the speakers.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
do it! a lot of people on here don't like the spider valves, but it's fun to mess around with and can handle small gigs well.

edit:
i meant most people don't like line6 amps in general, especially the spiders...
It's a good amp but IMO you can do better for the money if you don't need the versatility the Spider has.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i own one and i have to say it kicks so much ass. it sounds so good and is very loud. i got mine for 600 bucks so i got lucky. i only use the metal setting cause it sounds amazinggggggggggggggggggg
personally i love line 6's higher quality amps. the higher powered heads are great. i own an hd150 and i couldn't be happier with it actually, even though 99% of people would bash it, i love it. versatile, loud enough for unmiced small gigs, pretty goo overall quality. not a bad amp... but back on topic haha, yes go for the valve. they are pretty loud, and again, very versatile, and although you can do better (minus the versatility) it's a great amp to settle with.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
My mate has that amp,

but its broken twice in the time hes had it.

So hes returning it and buying something more reliable.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My mate has that amp,

but its broken twice in the time hes had it.

So hes returning it and buying something more reliable.

that's something i can agree with on the whole spider hate group's list. you have to treat them like gold or they will break. i've blown a 30watt spider before... which was a friends... 200 dollars left my wallet that day...
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
He only kept it in his room and played it like practising, no gigging or anything, and it just brok twice.

It was a nice amp though, shame he never let me play around with it.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Why in the world would you ever even think about buying a spider if you have a Recto?

But hey s**t happens. 40 tubey watts is too loud for home practice in exactly the same way that a recto is too big for home practice. In fact you will find out that 100w and 40w arent that far between their volumes at all. id be surprised if there was 10db in it.

Id rather spend my money on an attenuator for the mesa and just use that.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
If you're looking for versatility and a decent practice amp, then get a Pod and a small tube amp like a VJ, Blackheart, or the like. The SV isn't a horrible amp, but it's loud as hell, and is certainly not a practice amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
i say get a flextone 2x12.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by halikus
Why in the world would you ever even think about buying a spider if you have a Recto?

I'd buy one if I had the money laying around

They're pretty cool amps, I'd choose an HD147 or Vetta over it though, but they're also quite a bit more expensive
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Definately go try one in person. Some people love them, some hate them. I think they are pretty good.
just confirming that you can use your spider valve as speakers for your dual recto...

actually if you search 'spider valve mesa' on youtube you can find a guy who has a couple videos where he has this very set up.
Last edited by AkiraSpectrum at Feb 1, 2009,
I purchased the Line 6 Spider Valve 212 40 watt amp recently. I got it used with the FBV shortboard for $700. Typically, this package cost over $1200 with taxes.

The nice thing about the amp is being able to adjust settings for great sounds at low volumes for home practice. It has an XLR out that can be sent to the computer for recording.

It has two 12" Celestion V30 speakers and is all tube with the spider iii effects before the tubes. The tubes are 2 - 12AX7 and 2 - 6L6GC. It is on removable castors, making moving it around easier.

The sounds simililar to Marshall IMO are found on the crunch and metal amp models. The tweaking is part of the fun to find the sound that you want to hear!? It has a built in noise gate, volume boost, and tuner!

And if nothing else, the amp can also find use as an external speaker cabinet with 2 12" Celestions V30. The effects can be bypassed to access the tube section. Also, the effects can be sent to another amp and used as a pod in a different amp. Talk about a variety of options, as well as the built in presets that can be tweaked.

I like it personally for home practice. I'm picking up a Fender Pro Reverb 1x12 Jenson 50 watts tomorrow that I will use as my main playing amp. And to think, I already have an external 212 speaker cab!?!
I personally really like the Spider Valve. I do a lot of 80's metal type stuff and I can really nail the hair metal tones with it. Strangely enough, one of the presets I use is the Slipknot preset and it does a great Skid Row type tone in standard tuning.
i have the spider valve 212. It sounds pretty good all around. I mostly use the metal and insane channels, but the only thing is that the got tons of feedback. The amp supposedly has a built in noise gat but i don't know how to turn it on. But besides that, great amp. Got it on sale for 580 bucks cause my local music store had a 50% of sale for all amps. Definately glad i got it. I play it in my basement, and it sounds ok quiet but it sounds way better when its cranked. Always play and compare an amp ALOT before you buy it.
Quote by guitarninja55
i have the spider valve 212. It sounds pretty good all around. I mostly use the metal and insane channels, but the only thing is that the got tons of feedback. The amp supposedly has a built in noise gat but i don't know how to turn it on. But besides that, great amp. Got it on sale for 580 bucks cause my local music store had a 50% of sale for all amps. Definately glad i got it. I play it in my basement, and it sounds ok quiet but it sounds way better when its cranked. Always play and compare an amp ALOT before you buy it.

the feedback messed my friend up too, but the solution was pretty easy. if the gain knob on your amp is past 12 o'clock, the "gain boost" is on. turn it down and it'll work fine. i think you turn on the noise gate by holding the tap tempo button and turning the delay knob past 12 o'clock.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
its not bad but unless you really love modelling amps, you can do better for the money.

And yes, it would be able to handle your 100w mesa because 2 v30s have 120w handling
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
o thanks that helps get rid of some of the feedback. But yea i think i just gotta experiment around with the gate, gain, and boost until i find the right balance.
Quote by guitarninja55
o thanks that helps get rid of some of the feedback. But yea i think i just gotta experiment around with the gate, gain, and boost until i find the right balance.

If you can find a cheap FBV shortboard it makes all those extra features easily accessable
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Egnater Tweaker Combo