This exercise helped me alot. If you all like it, then add it!

Very important that you use a metronome with this exercise. What you want to do is set the tempo at 60 bpm or comfortible tempo and play each note on the click of the metronome for 2 measures (so each click will represent a quarter note). Then for the next 2 measures play eights. Basically playing single time to double time. Once you get good at that tempo, raise it 5 bpm's.
For the pick hand you just want to pick up and down.

(q = quarter notes, e = eight notes and the (x) represents the click on the metronome)

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q

eI--------------12-14-15-14-12---------------I--------------12-14-15-14-12--------------I
bI--12-13-15---------------------15-13-12---I--12-13-15---------------------15-13-12--I

x x x x x x x x x x x
e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

eI--------------12-14-15-14-12---------------------12-14-15-14-12-----------------I 2x
bI--12-13-15---------------------15-13-12-13-15---------------------15-13-12-10-I

* on the last note for the double time i added a 10 to make everything flow together.

This is the mixolydian mode in the key of D. If you get good at this, add the G string pattern to it or do just the G and B strings and so forth or try it with different modes.
nice, thanks i'll give it a go
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
cool, i'll give it a try
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
The Eights and quarter notes did'nt space right, but you get the gerneral Ideal.
E.L.Minneman

Shredtohell.com
I'll have a better speed traing up soon, trial and error, sorry guys
E.L.Minneman

Shredtohell.com
Connect the two articles and continue to fill with the suggestions that were provided.

Tada, you'll have yourself a really nice looking lesson.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
I think it'd be important to stress that the player should be extremely hard on themselves with this area of practice, and also remind them that they should always go back to slower tempos. Being able to play fast doesn't always mean you can play correctly slow.