I have an ac adapter that no longer works. It came with my digitech jamman looper. I left it plugged into the wall outlet and when I plugged it into my looper it wouldn't turn on .It won't turn on any other pedals of mine either. I've tried plugging it into outlets all over my house and it hasn't worked in any of them. I tried plugging in other things to make sure the outlets work, which they do. I don't know if this makes a difference, but it was really hot when I unplugged it. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this or if it's not, a way to prevent it from happening?
I'm pretty sure it's bad to leave adapters in an outlet but unconnected to a device for an extended period of time, but I've never had one break on me like that (even after days of such misuse). I'd say it was just bad luck and to pick up another at Radioshack
Do not use one from Radio Shack. Bad idea. If it's a 9 volt adapter, go to your nearest guitar store and buy the 1Spot. It'll power several stomps.

The old one cannot be repaired. They are meant to be replaced once they fail. It shouldn't hurt to leave it plugged in all the time, since it's like any other adapter.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=1spot&st=
Get some soldering & ac testing knowledge under your belt, the open the adapter and have fun, or pick up another one at a music store for 20 bucks if you don't know that you can get ten for that price at radioshack, you should just be conscient that using non-approved adapters/whatever else not made for musical equipment may cause unexpected things, like picking up radio signals.

EDIT: Just get one of those cheap power bars that have 4-5 outlets and a on/off switch, so that way you can shutoff the power when you're nore using your rig, that way you even can shut it with your foot, no one will have to bend to pull plugs anymore.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Last edited by Gäbe at Jan 12, 2009,