Page 1 of 2
how do you treat your guitar or bass? are you one of those people who always puts it back in the case, leave it on the bed, or just drop it(just kidding)? do take extra care of your instrument?
I like it when it falls off my bed and hits the headstock just right so it is perfectly in tune the next time I want to jam.
My $100 acoustic (first guitar), I treat it like crap. Let it fall, hit anything or whatever..

But my Epi LP, I'm veeeeeeeeeeeeery careful with it
I'm not particularly careful with any of them anymore. Whenever I get my next guitar, though (which will definitely be over $1000, maybe over$2000), I'll be paranoid with it. I'm completely horrified at the thought of any damage to any guitar I want.
ehhh im not great with them i will admit. its not that i dont care about them its just that it seems no matter what i do i hit them on something or the strap comes undone and it falls off so im not extremely careful
Quote by synpet713192
I'm not particularly careful with any of them anymore. Whenever I get my next guitar, though (which will definitely be over $1000, maybe over$2000), I'll be paranoid with it. I'm completely horrified at the thought of any damage to any guitar I want.

Same here. I do treat my instruments very well though, although I tend to bump into shit.
my acoustic i treat like crap, but im careful with my prs.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i leave my les paul laying around but with the neck/head supported, maybe on the couch arom or on my bed. i've been putting it back in the case lately cause i noticed the finish on the underside of the neck on the high frets starting to crack slightly :\ don't wanna take any chances. my music man i just throw on the bed or wherever. i've crashed the headstock off lots of things with that and it's tough.
Quote by MeRcI-BuCkEtS
Evolve?

Evolve Festival 2007: Aug. 2nd, 3rd & 4th!!!
Evolve Festival 2008: July 25th, 26th & 27th!!!
Evolve Festival 2009: July 17th, 18th & 19th!!!
Sunflower Valley
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
www.evolvefestival.com
I just put them back on the stands and hang one on the wall also dust them off once in while.
my stagg guitar(who's ever heard of that crappy brand?) hits anything and i don't worry, at night i leave it on the floor. but my ibanez, oh ho ho, it never touches anything but my hands or its case.
Quote by halvies
im pretty good with mine, i'll leave it resting up against the couch or hanging it back up. but when im at the comp, it often taps/hits the desk

Same here, I tend to not pay attention to it much and when I swing the chair around it sometimes taps the desk.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
I let it get all dusty and gross with dead skin, I've dropped it on multiple occasions, lean it up against things, and I've broken the tuners on it before. And I let children play with it.

I love it, but it's just a tool.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
my bass has taken a few scratches and dents over the years, though ts still holding up great
my tele i treat well enough, but my Dot im a bit extra careful
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
I have always been one of these people who doesn't give a **** if something is scratched. I can guarantee you that if I had a Ferrari and it got a few scratches or chips on it I wouldn't really care. I am that way with my Les Paul, so what it gets a few dings and dents, still sounds awesome, I am a fan of the worn/ old/ beat up look anyway when it comes to guitars.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Jan 12, 2009,
Quote by in2thesun88
I can guarantee you that if I had a Ferrari and it got a few scratches or chips on it I wouldn't really care.

have you ever actually sat in a ferarri? i have and was afraid to even close the door thinking i would break it.
I make sure I'm careful with my Gibson, never hits anything, never drop it.

My strat, eeehhh. not so much

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

My classical I treat with a lot of respect. I clean it, make sure it doesn't get banged on anything, I even take pictures of it.
But my cheap acoustic yeah I let it hit the ground now and then.
I never use the cases unless I'm taking the guitars out of the house though...
If it was in the case I'd be lazy to take it out of the case each time I want to play. I prefer having it lying around calling to me
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
Better than my family members.

I don't trip my guitar like I do my sister.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
My acoustic is from 1976 and was beat up as hell when I bought it, so I don't even bother taking care of it beyond making sure nothing breaks. I'm a little more careful with my electrics, but I don't sweat dings or scratches or things. Generally, I'm alright as long as nothing snaps off or cracks.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Mines a champ I must admit. I don't intend to harm it but I carry it around with me a lot and always manage to bump it. The headstock has at least 5 chips, and there's even a little dent on the back of the neck. It sort of adds character since it's just a relatively cheap starter anyway.

Quote by skaterskagg1
have you ever actually sat in a ferarri? i have and was afraid to even close the door thinking i would break it.

What? They are very well made cars, if you thought closing the door was going to break it you underestimate Ferrari craftsmanship or you are very paranoid. You're more likely to break the door on you buddies civic several times over.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Last edited by Jericho114 at Jan 13, 2009,
When I used to have my acoustic, I would clean the dust off of it almost every 2 days, and wash it clean at least once a week. With my new Omen 6 FR, I'm pretty good with that as well, but not as good as I was with my acoustic. My acoustic is crappier/cheaper as well.
Quote by skaterskagg1

no, but if it was mine I really wouldn't care what I did to it, if it were someone else's then of course I would be careful, just as I am when I play someone else's guitar.
I take good care of my guitars... but I don't take extra care of them. Like I think I've polished each of them only once ever. But I do my best to avoid things like bumping them into stuff.
Quote by Jericho114
What? They are very well made cars, if you thought closing the door was going to break it you underestimate Ferrari craftsmanship or you are very paranoid. You're more likely to break the door on you buddies civic several times over.

it's just knowing that it's a $300,000 car. most people will never even see one let alone sit in one like i did.
I have no stand. And being the clumsy girl I am, I usually lean it up against something and knock it down fifteen seconds later.

So no, I really dont exactly treat it well but I try. ]:
“I want every girl in the world to pick up a guitar and start screaming”

I will prove you wrong.
im pretty careful with mine.

i put it on the wall when im not using it.

i even bring a guitar stand to band practice so i dont have to lean it against something.
I put it to bed every night and sing it lula-byes til it falls asleep
Have Heart

xXx STRAIGHT EDGE xXx

//Are you as think as i drunk you are?//

Quote by DrPants PhD

-Some pregnant teacher threw up on my sister, lawl.
OWNED
I treat it pretty well, but I'm not massively concerned, I don't want it to get damaged, and throw a hissy fit the moment it does get damaged, but I realise that it's inevitable and adds to the character.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
when i am donw with my bassi place it lightly back in it's case make sure the strap is in the same position it always is, shut the case and push it under my bed
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I used to be a lot more careful with my gear. Now I don't have as huge a problem if I tap it off the wall or anything. Dings give it character!

I went to a metal gig tonight, and this band called Short Line Hero played. The bassist was crazy, and at one point he went to do a guitar flip and ripped the strap button right out of the bass. It obviously smacked off the ground.

I lol'd.
signatures are budget.
Quote by chaoticfables
I name my guitar and talk to it.

you too! i tell my Warwick that i love it and then gently kiss it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
i put my tele back in its gig bag at the end of the day, lay it down on my bed when not playing during the day, and if it gets dinged while playing, oh well. but i take VERY good care of my G400
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Page 1 of 2