a refinish question.

First, for my 100GBP build, I'm refinishing a plywood body. I've sanded down to the wood(no matter how fine, I still have these pores on the sides of the wood), and bought some primer. However, no matter how many coats I've put on this thing, I still have the porous sides of the guitar coming through. I've tried light coats to begin with, wet coats later. Nothing. I sprayed about half a can at first, let it cure for a couple days, and light sanded the high spots. Then I resprayed. I thought it would fill the remaining pores but no dice.

Is there a specific spray can primer that goes on thick to cover/fill imperfections?

Next question involves the fretboard. I'm using a squier neck and the fingerboard is maple. It has some wear which went through the finish. Since I'm trying to make the body all pretty and stuff, I wanted the neck to match. How does one go about refinishing the fretboard with the frets still in place?

And I did do some searching but didn't find definitive answers to questions I'm asking here. Thanks for any help.
Good luck filling those holes with primer. It is doable but it'll take a long time. Go get some wood filler, just the plain white stuff used for cracks in the walls. Wipe it on, not to thick though, let it dry for a day then sand it down, and do it again. then primer it. Finishing ply bodies isn't easy, I found this was the easiest way to do it.
Littlephil, I used primer. I thought about the wood filler after I had already layed multiple coats of primer on it. I hope I can spot sand it and apply some filler.

Unless I can apply sealer over primer?
Quote by LateStart
Littlephil, I used primer. I thought about the wood filler after I had already layed multiple coats of primer on it. I hope I can spot sand it and apply some filler.

Unless I can apply sealer over primer?

Depends on the primer type.

2-pac primer/filler is much more suitable but it needs to be sprayed in a vented area, usually under pressure from a spray-gun too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do