This may seem like a dumb question, but right now, i use a clean amp and a boss sd-1 for a dirty sound. The thing is, I do not like the sound of most distortion pedals, but i wish my sd1 had more gain. i sounds great with the gain on ten but its just not quite enough. Are there any overdrive pedals that have a similar tone to the sd-1, but can achieve slightly more gain?
put an overdrive before it or mod it
Last edited by domiel at Jan 13, 2009,
One thing you could do is get a high gain pedal and get a equalizer pedal. But, I'm afraid I can't recommend any overdrive pedals.
Maybe a MXR GT-OD, sorry i'm not much help..but yeah maybe hi-gain mod it?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I would just mod it. Modding is almost always going to be better than buying something else new that still isn't going to be exactly what you want
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
What about Maxon sd-9?
Also, Is it possible that you want distortion and not overdrive?
Unless you can afford a H&K Tube Factor or similar OD, your best bet is to try and mod it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
someones gonna shoot me for this.. BUT just picked up the ibenaez ts-7 from their cheap "TONE-LOK" series. tried it in the shop just for fun cuz someone left it on the floor, and man was I surprised. Such a great pedal, that adds a color similar to the original screamer, only a bit more warm and compressed sounding, at the expense of some dynamics though, not that the screamers ever were dynamic beasts though. Anyway it is very cheap, very well behaved in manners of noise, so try it out, you might fall in love with it like I did. It has added some great variation to my palette of od sounds
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
Quote by wsosfr
What about Maxon sd-9?
Also, Is it possible that you want distortion and not overdrive?

no i dont like the sound of actual distortion in my playing. i dont know if this is the word for it, but overdrive just sounds more open and clear to me than any distortion pedal ive tried
Robert Keeley does some sickly pedals.

Analog man has some bitchin' sounding pedals, too.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Jan 13, 2009,