In my search for a great versatile amp, I came across this beauty. I have a few questions. Sounds like it would be a great amp for home recording, imo.

My plan, to pinch some pennies til I can get a better suited cab, was to connect to the speakers on my jvm combo. It has a Celestions, a Vintage and a Heritage in it. I am assuming, I can get some pretty good results from it, for the time being. Am I way off the mark here? Should I just save/splurge a few hundred more and get something to go with it?
I had a hunch the Celestion blues would sound great but a 2x12 cab with those would be pretty steep.

I plan on playing one before I buy it, but has anyone played one? Does the tube mix/wattage control make the amp as awesome as it sounds?

Any recommendations on other speaker options? I am really clueless when it comes to that.
I played one today. In truth I wasn't too impressed; it either felt too thin or too bassy, and I couldn't dial in enough mids for myself. If you're into the scooped mids tone you may like it but then again, it's not really an uber br00tal metal amp anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I have one running through a Valve Junior Cab, and it's really amazing. I believe that has an Eminence Lady Luck speaker in it, which isn't top of the line obviously, but I still get some great tone out of it.

Shadow: Enough mids? All this thing is is mids, especially on the EL84 section!! I feel like there really isn't that much bass, which is fine for me. You've really got to crank it through some different cabs to figure that out though, I guess.
Quote by GNRjungle87
I have one running through a Valve Junior Cab, and it's really amazing. I believe that has an Eminence Lady Luck speaker in it, which isn't top of the line obviously, but I still get some great tone out of it.

Shadow: Enough mids? All this thing is is mids, especially on the EL84 section!! I feel like there really isn't that much bass, which is fine for me. You've really got to crank it through some different cabs to figure that out though, I guess.

Probably. The 6L6 section felt lacking in mids to me. Or maybe that's because I crank my mids to 10 (treble to 9, bass to 6) and still feel like I could use more. I love mah mids.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Probably. The 6L6 section felt lacking in mids to me. Or maybe that's because I crank my mids to 10 (treble to 9, bass to 6) and still feel like I could use more. I love mah mids.

Yeah, the 6L6's have a little bit less gain, and less mids, but the EL84 section is full of mids and that British kind of sound. Very Marshall-y
Any idea, from someone with an inside track, if this is gonna be on sale at GC this weekend. They are having a big sale, and a 2 hour super sale saturday night from 7-9.
it did not sound too great towards the 1 watt setting and thats all i got to play it on because guitar center blows

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
it did not sound too great towards the 1 watt setting and thats all i got to play it on because guitar center blows

it opens up at about 5

this weekend,
I was in a guitar center and someone was playing a bass loudly and poorly I was talking to an attendant and mentioned that they should tell him to turn him down and yell at him
and he said they arent allowed to do that
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene