Im looking for a ibanez guitar from 300-600. lets say i get one with an edge III trem. if i take off the trem, will it still go out of tune and [insert commonly said problems with it]? if that doesnt work, what are some good ibanez's (preferably rg's) with no tremolo? (or a good bridge?)
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
depends what you replace the trem with

unless you were just planning to take the actual bridge out and leave it...in which case don't buy a guitar.

ZR are good trems
Quote by marko'd
depends what you replace the trem with

unless you were just planning to take the actual bridge out and leave it...in which case don't buy a guitar.

ZR are good trems

so if i buy an edge III bridge guitar.... i could just completely replace the bridge?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
yes you could and replace it with a different tremelo system, but really i think you should get your own opinion of the edge 3 before deciding on replacing anythin because alot of people complain about it who havent owned one. And whilst others say it is bad some say it is good,.

But if you want to play it safe just go for an S-series with a ZR if you can find one or a fixed bridge one
Don't worry, the Edge III is fine.
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
If you replace it with a good trem thats going to set you back another $170+ (assuming you're American) which should put you in line for an RG prestige with a good trem.

Or, you can buy an S series guitar with a ZR trem. Same price, better trem.

You can't just 'remove' the tremolo because then you're without a bridge all together, can't have that.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
ok now i have decided. i want to get the fixed bridge RGR421EXFM. on the ibanez website it says it can be purchased as either a neckthru or bolt on. i want to find it as a neck thru.. but all the sites im looking at dont say anything about it. anyone know where i can find an online store that has the RGR421EXFM neck thru model?
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34

Head + dead = dead?
Quote by jamesdtsx
ok now i have decided. i want to get the fixed bridge RGR421EXFM. on the ibanez website it says it can be purchased as either a neckthru or bolt on. i want to find it as a neck thru.. but all the sites im looking at dont say anything about it. anyone know where i can find an online store that has the RGR421EXFM neck thru model?

i dont think it comes in neck-thru, the only ones i know of in that line that have neck thru are the RGT42FXQM, and RGT6EXFX
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
i dont care what people say about the Edge III, my guitar has one, and it never gives me any problems.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
i dont care what people say about the Edge III, my guitar has one, and it never gives me any problems.

+1000

Im the same way of course I rarely ever actually use the trem
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
if you buy a cheaper trem and it craps out on your later down the line, on your own head be it. you've been warned.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?