Page 1 of 2
Well, these days all i hear is either some really **** death metal or pop. And the closest thing to rock there is is that bitch ass band fallout boy who suck my balls in ever angle.

I just wanna know do you guys think real rock like acdc, guns n roses, led zeppelin, queen etc. will ever come back into the spotlight of music like it used to in the late 60's to 90's?
Who cares if it's in the mainstream or not? There's still good music like you mentioned about...just look for it in places other than the mainstream duh
I'm Sam
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
Well, these days all i hear is either some really **** death metal or pop. And the closest thing to classic rock is the old classic bands like acdc, guns n roses, led zeppelin, queen etc. will ever come back into the spotlight of music like it used to in the late 60's to 90's?

Fixed?

So what you want is classic rock to be big again?
Well it still is.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
there are plenty of good bands that play good ol' rock n roll like that
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
You obviously aren't looking hard enough! rock is everywhere!

Wether it be AC/DC, Foo Fighters, or RHCP, rock still exists...

YOUR PROBLEM: you probably watch MTV and complain about not seeing any rock bands

YOUR SOLUTION: stop watching MTV.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
so, where do you guys hear all these bands? do you like surf the internet because i can never find any good rock bands
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
so, where do you guys hear all these bands? do you like surf the internet because i can never find any good rock bands

Do you ever listen to rock radio stations or web stations?
THe only Rock band worth a fk in the last 8 years was Velvet Revolver and they shall hopefully soon regain their crown as the hardest rockin mother fkrs!

Anyway I understand the frustration. The fact of the matter is when I go to a club most of the music is R&B and Rap 90% and the other is split up between fags like Yellow Card. I miss the days when Rock was KING and the Guitar solos were in fashion and a integral part of song. Nowdays a 3 note melody passes off for a guitar solo, very rediculous!
2 Jay Turser JT-220 Les Paul Copys W/ Seymore Duncan Alnico 2 Pro pick ups.
2008 Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 100 Watt tube amp
1966 Fender Bandmaster Tube amp with 2 2x12 cabs
Effects- Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss RV-3 Reverb/Delay
yeh, i always listen to rock stations, but i dont sit on my computer to listen to web stations.

But still my question, do you guys think classic sounding rock will ever come back into mainstream?
Quote by SlashWannabe1
THe only Rock band worth a fk in the last 8 years was Velvet Revolver and they shall hopefully soon regain their crown as the hardest rockin mother fkrs!

Anyway I understand the frustration. The fact of the matter is when I go to a club most of the music is R&B and Rap 90% and the other is split up between fags like Yellow Card. I miss the days when Rock was KING and the Guitar solos were in fashion and a integral part of song. Nowdays a 3 note melody passes off for a guitar solo, very rediculous!

my point exactly, music where the guitar solo was epic and the make or break of the song.

I would really love a band to come through ino he mainstream and reintroduce proper rock, and hopefully other bands will follow until the world is once again ruled by ROCK N ROLL!!!!
i will probably be slated for this but Kings of Leon's older albums are pretty rock n roll. the guitars sound a bit like aerosmiths if a little less advanced. ive been watching 'mainstream' channels like mtv, tmf the hits or watever i have noticed a slight change in the fashion and seeing less bling and more classic orientated stuff. even if it isnt like the good ol days, its still a way forward. fashion goes in circles remember.
music has to change and move forward. who would want another band that plays like acdc. ACDC own that style of rock and they did it great.
Bands like wolfmother had attempts at led zepplin style by playing repetitive riffs. It was boring. I've heard it all before.
What i like to hear is bands like radiohead and mars volta using the power of melody in a different concept.
Imagine if we were all still writing music that sounded like elvis.
Things have to change
Last edited by 6StringHack at Jan 13, 2009,
Quote by /\AC/\DC/\
yeh, i always listen to rock stations, but i dont sit on my computer to listen to web stations.

But still my question, do you guys think classic sounding rock will ever come back into mainstream?

does it really matter? it still exists, and it's probably more enjoyable to like music that isn't picked up on by every 13 year old girl, and coporate ***** that doesn't know bands exist outside of TRL.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

Quote by Jackolas
You will find good music if you look hard enough. And to strengthen 6StringHack's point, a music scene will stagnate if all the bands can only regurgitate what has been done 10 or 20 years ago.
I guess this is the daily "today's rock sucks" thread...
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
who cares if rock never comes back.......personally i didnt even know it was gone, its probably just hiding under a rock.
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Rock will never die...when people get tried of the "fads" they always go back, always...Hey "grundge" died, thank goodness
Quote by dminishedthingy
No, he's right.
I can't think of a single band out there today that isn't death metal or pop.

Mars Volta? Porcupine Tree? Rage Against the Machine (true, they're not recording, but still). The Black Crowes? Joe Bonamassa? The White Stripes? Gov't Mule?

There are plenty out there. You've just got to look a bit harder.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by therussian
Mars Volta? Porcupine Tree? Rage Against the Machine (true, they're not recording, but still). The Black Crowes? Joe Bonamassa? The White Stripes? Gov't Mule?

There are plenty out there. You've just got to look a bit harder.

It was sarcasm.

Good music will return; the integrity of the music industry itself is the real problem.
Quote by Rock Pig

Good music will return; the integrity of the music industry itself is the real problem.

The industry has always been like that. Yes, even during the so called "golden age" of rock music. The music industry is a buisness, and therefore, is out to appease the masses so their product will sell.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by SlashWannabe1

wow, you have a Slash fetish or what?
I'm guessing music that is good in my opinion will never come back. Good music is finite.
Rock died when all those classic rock bands became popular.
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
You can't be so close minded about music. You're basically wanting a replica of bands that were famous 20+ years ago.
And if you ask me, there are bands nowadays that are just as impressive, if not better than the early days. Sure there will always be bad music, but quality musicians will always be kickin around. You just need to look.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
But, there is something that everyone has in common when it comes to music:
The Beatles!

at least, everyone up here does...

Rock will come back. Just gotta wait for it. Or find it. Your choice.
Hey, maybe a lady will give birth to a 2nd Elvis, haha.
I don't think rock has gone its just hidding underneath the mainstream, waiting to pop out again.
Last edited by AVIDFANOFSOUNDS at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by gtk4158a
Rock will never die...when people get tried of the "fads" they always go back, always...Hey "grundge" died, thank goodness

Spell it right.

Grunge was not really a genre, but the scene in the early 90s was the greatest thing to happen to the music industry since the british invasion in the late 1960s, so stfu.

example, your saying alice in chains isnt rock? Idiot.
Last edited by BerryTree at Jan 21, 2009,
Rock was never gone, it has just transformed, and im not talking bout the ****ty mainstream bands. there's a LOT of great rock bands around, but your not gonna find much if your looking for Classic Rock...there's a reason it's called CLASSIC you know. why should bands be still playing the same music thats been played so much already?? time to move on.
Of course classic rock is still popular, and always will be, cause there'll always be a new generation of listeners, but you cant expect bands today to still make the same type of rock now can you??
Goddammit will these threads ever stop? Look a little harder, give up MTV, and expand your horizons. Jesus Christ. But I'm in a good mood today, so I'll reccomend to you My Morning Jacket, Radiohead, and The Flaming Lips.
what are you talking about, rock is everywhere, weather it be called metal, hardcore, punk, emo, its all still good ol rock n roll. but if you can't comprehend that then i'll just say that all modern rock has been classified as alternative.
Quote by SlashWannabe1
I'm sorry, but you are a **** wit if you think that. Look past the end of your nose and you will see many brilliant bands.
i miss audioslave. One of the best groups of the decade.
we still have white stripes, foo fighters, wolfmother, beck, radiohead, nine inch nails, but rock needs a comeback.
Quote by cMoni Move
i miss audioslave. One of the best groups of the decade.
we still have white stripes, foo fighters, wolfmother, beck, radiohead, nine inch nails, but rock needs a comeback.

wolfmother disbanded mate
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
This rock music you speak of will never be the spot light of the mainstream music. Today, rock music has an occasional place in the charts, but it's not constantly at the top. It's never going to change, mainstream music is mainstream because it sells. Rock music will not sell to 12 year old girls very well.
I'm a MAN!
Page 1 of 2